Magnepan 1.7i Amp recommendations

Hey everyone, I have been googling and most of the recommendation threads I found on various sites (including this site) are for the LRS.

What about the 1.7i?

Schiit Vidar, various Chifi tube amps, Parasound Halo A23+, etc. I want Class AB ideally, tried Class D (Hypex NC252 from Audiophonics) and the power switch was defective on it. Want to stick to a brand in the US or one that can be repaired easily.

Tube amps caught my eye, but I want to keep the price under $2000 new. The lower the better as with this whole pandemic I am trying to keep my spending lower, but I got no amp whatsoever at the moment.

Thank you,
Tom.
128x128archerious
Dealer feedback specific to lower powered Hegel compatibility with the 1.7i can be found at https://www.audioemporium.com/good-reputation-poor-sound/ , also on Audio Emporium’s general site in the Magnepan and Hegel sections, as well as the owners’ recommendations- “Dave’s Faves”
Audio Excellence has several entertaining YouTube Videos on the subject. Most of the “lower” powered Hegels spec at 75 watts into 8 ohms, 125 watts into 4 ohms. The H-160, 190 & 195 are about double that, and 

What are recommendations, if any, for Class D amps driving 1.7i’s? I am currently using Proceed HPAs (used to have them in mono, now using one in stereo) for amplification. the 1.7i’s replaced a set of 802d1’s (the little ones kept pushing in the cones).

Someone mentioned Bel Canto amps.  any opinions?
i listened to them with  Bel Canto Design ref 500S and have since moved up to the monoblocks and they sound great to me.
I used a Parasound Halo Hint with my 1.7i and that combo could really sing.
Parasound makes high current amps that Maggie's need.

I’ve been through many amps for my 1.7. One of the fun parts is that each one is different, and it helps you experience how different companies approach how to solve the problem of being “effortless” on all musical sources. The main takeaway was each had strengths depending on the style of music. You may find yourself avoiding certain tunes as not engaging. The right amp for Maggie’s seems to be one that handles the widest range. So far I’ve lived with or tried:

• wyred5sound st500. - good but lacking compared to others
  •  Hegel d90. - good but pricy
  •  rogue 100. Fun, but tubes could get finicky. 
  • electrocompianet Aw 220 (2 set up as mono blocks)

If you can audition other components or go to an audio show to hear different approaches, personally I like the audio note sound and I think the electrocompianet has that “character” that works across so many different  recordings. Enjoy the journey, just know the Maggie’s can reveal weaknesses in amplification design.