Women who enjoy quality speakers

In my former marriage i was introduced to high end audio by my husband.

At the time the endless visits to highend shows , meetings and shops annoyed me. Tech talk and not very female friendly designs came and went in my living room.

And although i couldnt get used to all of the above, one thing i learned , how to listen.

Now years further , in my second marriage quality audio wasnt a very well know topic of my husband working in tech. Mediocre cheaper hifi dominated the house, which looked even worse and sounded even a lot worse.

When we talked about new speakers and bang and olufsen was mentioned i knew i had to educate him , to let him know whats on the market and how things can sound.

The revelation ended in buying avalon speakers and simular quality equipement and cables.

Now its up and running i really enjoy music again!

Who would have thought that!

I have never seen a lot of other women enthousiastic about quality sound and music. Are there any in this group? Do your wifes experience the same as i did?

Wishing you all a very musical festive season,

A very happy wife,

Jasmine

djasmine
do you guys like to DANCE together?

Not us. Tried, can't - somebody has to be first percentile.
I’m a relatively new member her, a year or so maybe, but I recall a member, Elizabeth, who was a frequent poster here. She was waaaaaay into hi-fi. Knew her stuff. Knew what she liked.....but was also in constant pursuit of that last tiny incremental improvement.

Is Elizabeth still active here?
The 'Elizabeth Question' was posed not long ago, a previous related thread....no answers then, only rumours.

Has this changed....?
*shrug*
"Is Elizabeth still active here?"

No, at least not under that same name it seems.
I'm a female audiophile and it's a passion I have never shared with a male partner. Actually, I've only had one male partner since 1985 (we're not married nor do we live together, but we're partners), and I "became" (I guess) an audiophile in 1986, so I've been on my own forever with my audiophilia. He is not an audiophile, but he is an engineer and has an interest in gadgetry, so he used to go with me when I haunted high end audio shops. We would walk in together, and of course the employees would approach him and ask him if he needed help -- at which point he would point to me, and the real conversation would begin. It got so we made sure if we went in together, I would go first, so they would see me first. It didn't always work -- sometimes they would ignore me and still approach him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm struck by the stereotypes I see repeated on these pages, such as women "don't know how to listen" and "prefer to talk." Please. We know very well how to listen! For goodness sake. I wish more women would get involved, because statements like that are a clear indication that the men have been spending too much time only with other men, and have lost touch with reality a bit.