Looking for Speaker Thoughts

First post...

I am in the market for a new set of speakers for my desktop/nearfield system. I have limited ability to audition anything. Current setup is a pair of KEF R100's on stands behind my desk approximately 5.5 feet from my listening spot. Speakers are three feet from any room boundary. Currently being driven by a Schiit Vidar amp and are supplemented by a small SVS sub.   

The R100's sound decent at lower volumes but tend to fall apart at higher listening levels IMO. I also find the tweeter to be harsh on some material. 

Looking in the $1,000 to $2,000 range and am currently considering the following:

Dynaudio Evoke 10
Dynaudio Evoke 20
Buchardt Audio S300
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2EX
Revel Performa3 M105
Revel Performa3 M106
Quad S2
KEF LS50
ATC SCM 11

I like a slightly forward sound that still has a lot of depth to it. Good soundstage and tonality. Something non fatiguing. I do listen to a broad spectrum of music and formats, often in the same setting. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
krkalino67
There is a convincing video on YouTube that compares the ATC SCM 11 and the Buchardt S400. He kept saying how the ATC was liquid and open without any harshness and preferred them to the Buchardt.

This has me chomping at the bit as I own the S400 and really like them but you know how this hobby is...
I agree with  smrex13 with his accessment about the Quad S2.The strength is definitely its is a very dynamic  , musical speakers and the ribbon tweeter is extremely quick and revealing.So bad source means bad sound.The woofer is small but goes deep and tight.Much deeper than you expect from such a small Kelvar woofer.It has impact but a tad on the analytical side but no lacking in detail.Soundstaging is not extremely wide but has really good front and back placement.Not too deep not too close.Right in the middle.Crucial is toe in though.Ribbons tends to beam the sound.Non fatiquing musical speakers that has a wonderful presentation.What it does right it does it well.
I just got Harbeth P3ESR complete speaker for nearfield or desktop environment. Caveat never heard the new XDs. Original P3ESR are scarce unless you go used.
Might look into the little Mini Tannoys. Retail at $2000. Beautiful to look at and to hear. Just a thought :-).