Placing turntable on top of fireplace mantle?

My room doesn't have a ton of space, my fireplace mantle is very solid and stable, and it does not get hot to the touch (have tested this already)

Any negatives to placing it here? Previously I was using a wall shelf, (pictured in the second and third pictures), but placing it on the mantle would take up even less space in the room. Just wondering if I will have any additional vibrations which could cause reduction in sound quality by using the mantle instead of my old wall shelf.

See pictures (note I just moved so things are a mess and not set up yet):

https://imgur.com/a/x2Jhf1Z

nemesis1218
I'll let you know as soon as I've reviewed the blueprints and the engineering reports.  
If one of the comments above was in response to my post............
because acoustical vibrations affect a tts performance more in a corner, especially if it is located behind speakers.
Don't quote me on this - but Fremer may have said placing turntables on top of a fireplace mantle adds a smoky flavor.
It is a Nice combination of Focal Points for the Room, with the TT above the Fire Place.
There is still the option to choose and Trial further aesthetically pleasing to the eye Sub Plinth Materials to help attenuate any unidentified resonances, and produce a Delivery that is satisfying to your personal preferences.
If the Focal Point is of importance, the exposed Cables might prove to be a detractor ?