Any truth to my feeling that MM carts are possibly better than MC on rock recordings?

I have an Ortofon Red on a Project Debut Carbon and a EAT C Sharp with an MC Ortofon Quintet Black. I have two systems and I've switched the tables between the systems and tried a few different scenarios and I hear a little more punch with the Ortofon Red. I know all things aren't equal here but I'm trying to explain this somehow. One system is Dynaudio Evidence Temptations with JC 1 Monos and JC 2BP Pre. PS Audio Stellar phono or a little Project MM phono. The other system is PrimaLuna 400 Evo Integrated with same phono stages and Salk Sound 3 speakers. The Project and Ortofon Red sound great to my ears. More punch and solidity of sound.
128x128bubba12
I use serious OLD MM carts. Shure V15 III on Russco TTs they were brand new carts from a FM radio station decommission. I was there.  6 Russco pieces.. 4 complete.. Heavy arms, Shure carts, every one..

I love um.. wonderful sound, YES ROCK ON!!! Carts.. The old MM carts and aluminum platters.. good combo..

The early Thoren 124s, strong MM carts would get SUCKED down to the magnetic platter.. Weird..BUT it happened..

Regards
Post removed 
MC cartridges have very diverse sounds across different brands (sometimes even within brands), so you can’t really make a blanket statement for that side, at least. Rock sounds best on my Koetsu (Coral, Blue Lace), for my tastes, I know I like it way way WAY better than Ortofon 2M Blue, Black (though I know not a fair comparison). I tend to gravitate to MC cartridges that are warmer and can rock well - Koetsu, Shelters, Benz, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze (NOT the higher end Ortofons!).

You said you have a Quintet Black, which uses their shibata on boron or sapphire. Funny, I didn’t like their Jubilee MC (shibata on boron, and predecessor to the Cadenza Black) for rock, or much of anything else force that matter - but especially on rock. Generally anytime I’ve heard an Ortofon with a more rigid boron/sapphire cantilever I’ve though it fell kind of flat with rock.

Also a tube MM stage plus SUT plus MC cartridge can have amazing warmth and punch; awesome for rock. Pair the right stuff together and you will be in rock Valhalla.
A little more punch is a good way to describe it. The magnet on the end of a MM cantilever is usually more massive than the coils on the end of a MC. They use this to generate a lot more voltage. Voltage is pressure and pressure is impact. So there you go. 

MC also have this problem of ringing that tends to exaggerate the top end making it sound tipped up. Since there is not a lot of power for punch in the top end, but we do get a sense of volume from it, this is another way of understanding what you're hearing. 

Fundamentally, MM starts out with a big advantage in higher output. This is a big advantage in that the signal is much less vulnerable to noise, and requires much less amplification. But MC has a big advantage in better tracking of fine detail due to its lower moving mass. Which one is better comes down to the quality level of each, the capabilities of your phono stage and, as you pointed out, personal preference.
I have not switched the cartridges from one TT to the other. I feel that the PS Audio Stellar phono is a good phono stage to show either cartridge at close to it's best. I guess it would be a lucky break if that's the sound I'm drawn to considering the price differences of MM to MC.  @mulveling I might need a warmer presentation considering some of the harder rock recordings being a little hot sometimes.
@noromance Ortofon Red Vs. Ortofon Quintet Black should be a fair jump in quality without having to get too in depth in comparing I would think. The black isn't worse I'm just not sure it's better.
@millercarbon I like your thoughts on the subject. I can't say that hearing the common refrain that MC blow away MM hasn't got me thinking I'm wrong somehow. I would love to experiment some more though.