Ar ethe current LP's available for $25 or so as goos as the old ones.

How about the $1500 plus ones?  Are they worth the money to people with more resources than me, or just for people who feel better about always paying a lot to try to have the best of everything?
128x128danvignau
Truth is the only way to know is to buy one and listen to it. There are plenty of original run vintage records that will never be bettered. The vast majority of expensive reissues are new and quiet- and sound nowhere near as good as a really good vintage copy. If you can get your hands on a really good vintage copy. That is the question.

Because every record ever made, then or now, they just do not come off the stamper absolutely perfect copies that all sound the same. Some have problems, some are okay, and a rare few sound so much better than the rest you can hardly believe it. 

The fundamental problem is we are trying to press into vinyl a record that contains so much incredibly fine detail its down to the size of a large organic molecule. Sometimes lightning strikes and we get it right. But you can't tell by looking. You can't tell by label. You can't tell by the MoFi Half Speed Original Master Tape Quiex super thick 200g yada yada story. You can only tell by listening.

If you do have the money and if you really do want the best sound you can always pay Tom Port to do your listening for you. https://better-records.com/pages/about-better-records Expensive, yes. But worth every penny.

Yes, a fair price is what people will pay, but do the new $1500-2500 LP's definately sound better?  Also, I have been thinking about selling my LP's, but only after I listen and rate each.  The link shows me it is possible and I really took care of them. As far as the pressing quality, I can definitely appreciate the difference with my numbered, early Sheffield D to D LP's and later pressings.
It's a crap shoot as far as quality of new pressings.  I just received a brand new Paul Simon album that had a "whoosh" sound every revolution.  Looking at it up close, there were dimples/pits all over one section of the record.  I just played the RSD 2020 alternate version of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours yesterday.  Amazing!  Dead quiet, super dynamic, great soundstage, the kind of recording that makes you feel the music (emotionally, not because of the 4 subwoofers).

Expensive things are worth the money to people that buy them if they buy them.
It’s stupid to pay for anything new the prices associated with extremely rare originals.

Original records that cost $1500 are impossible to find and for this reason they are highly collectible among record collectors (not audiophiles).

All new records must be $10, even $25 is too much for a new record or reissue.

Some amazing originals from the 70’s are still under $30 and the quality is outstanding compared to modern reissues of the same albums.

If someone trying to sell you a new record for $100 it’s snake oil and rip-off.

@chakster : You are spot on! I always try to buy original pressings. The new repressings sourced from digital files are not for me! I can just listen to a CD instead and not be concerned with the surface quality!