Preamp recommendation

In the market for a new pre-amp and looking for suggestions. I know this is very subjective to one’s tonal qualities so let’s consider all options in the $2k range.

My current system is analog and I have no interest in digital. Currently running VPI Scout, Elac Alchemy PPA-2, Parasound A21 and Q Acoustics 3050i.

I’m leaning towards a used Parasound JC-2 or Wyred4 Sound STP SE, both in the price range. I had a previous post considering the Jolida or Vincent but have decided not to go hybrid based on inconsistent reviews.

Thoughts?
128x128vette5451
Quicksilver if you want tubes. In your price range hand built in the USA. Excellent preamp. 
Wyred-4-Sound STP-SE or Benchmark HPA4. Both use similar design philosophy. Can't go wrong with either.
There a couple of Don Sachs tube preamps on the used market at just under $2000. They retail new for about $2500. They’re based on the Aikido circuit boards from VTA. You can build the same preamp, as a kit, but in a very plain case, for as little as $1100. VTA also offers that preamp fully assembled and tested for $1500.

The vta preamp isn't the same as the Don Sachs preamp. The vta is really good, but Don uses better caps, resistors and a better volume control plus I think he uses a different rectifier tube now.