MM Cartridge Talk

What’s your favorite MM cartridge and why? Bonus points if you compare your favorite to other MM carts you’ve tried and how they differ. 
jimmy225
My personal ranking on MM/MI is:

1. Acoustical Systems Fideles and Victor X1-IIe
2. Ortofon 2M bronce and Goldnote Vasari gold
3. Ortofon 2M black
4. Ortofon 2M blue and red

In position one and two the first catridge is more dynamic
and the second more audiophile.

just my 2 cent
Boothroyd, that is a reasonable expectation but somehow my ears are disagreeing. I think the problem is endemic to the cartridge itself. This is just my intuition speaking. Certainly I'm wrong enough. Just a thought.I think the watermelon gummies are stronger.   
Post removed 
With the caveat that other components in my systems were constantly evolving at the same time, I would put the Clearaudio Charisma 2 at the top of MM/MI cartridges I’ve had or heard. With the best being:

• Clearaudio Charisma v2
  • Soundsmith The Voice
  • Clearaudio Virtuoso v2
  • Clearaudio Maestro
  • Grado Reference Sonata
  • Microacoustics MA2002e
  • Shure M97xe
  • Ortofon 2M red
In roughly that order. There’s another Grado sitting at the middle of that list, but I’m struggling to remember which one. In my experience, the Clearaudios and Soundsmiths have generally been better at comparable price points. The MA2002e is an old piezoelectric cart that remains my favorite match with the lightweight ADC tonearm on my TD160.

All this being said, and despite being committed to MM/MI carts for a decade, I finally broke down and got my first serious MC cartridge about a year ago (an Aidas Durawood) and I have to grudgingly admit that it was better than any of the MMs once I got the SUT set up properly. Unsurprisingly, the Koetsu Rosewood is better still. But both are much more finicky than the MMs ever were.