Audiophile demographics?

Why are there a disproportional number of male audiophiles?
Not sure if this is a silly question, but speaking for myself, I have never met a female audiophile.
I am sure they exist, but their scarcity begs the question as to why.
Is it merely that men have more of the "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, do men love gadgets and tools or is it something more sinister?
128x128tony1954
@jjss49 

Much the same as going to see a rock band like Rush in concert. Guys are there for the musicianship as much as the music. Come to think of it. I don't know many women that are into jazz either. Except my ex-wife. She loves jazz, always had performance cars and loved high quality sound.
@chayro 

My wife only liked watching the pretty fighters like Alexis Argüello or Oscar De La Hoya.
You know what I am afraid of?
That after all the discussion and arguing back and forth, that are we are going to come to one conclusion.
That woman are just smarter than men.
Post removed 
Unfortunately, I do not think there is actually anything nefarious going on.
It might be as simple as women being emotion driven, when it comes to music, so the fact that it doesn’t "sound" perfect is irrelevant. They get what they need from the music itself.

Something very nefarious and sinister is indeed going on. Only just not the way you think. What you just said is, finally, very sensible. Most of it, anyway. Save for the one unfortunate word. Everyone knows men and women are very different creatures with very different interests, inclinations, and abilities. There’s a tremendous amount of overlap but the differences are at the extremes, something every single one of us used to know and take for granted - until the nefarious sinister stuff came along.

That it is indeed nefarious and sinister is revealed in your one word, "unfortunately". This one word gives away the game. What in the world is "unfortunate" about people not being all exactly the same?

Think about it. Because the next question is, Why would anyone want to make us all the same when we’re not?