How it works! From a common man.

How a boutique fuses changes the sound in a piece of equipment, and how (at least) one became directional.

How they made it directional. Yes SOME, very few, are made that way. I'll Explain what I found.

Why it works or NOT. This is NOT a fuse shoot out.  This is a, "WHY it works", Not "it just does", session. LOL

Everyone is welcome to help me figure out why it works, BUT why it doesn't, with a reason, is VERY welcome.

No name callin'.  Don't call folks liars, just state your personal learning extravaganza, HOW, and WHY.

We'll figure out WHY, and HOW it effects something.. Cause and Effect. NO PSYCHOBABBLE.

Big words hurt my head, keep it simple for us common folks if you would please.

I promise to be on my best behavior, maybe. :-)
oldhvymec
This only increases my absurd curiosity for nano-tweaking all the little corners of my system. Been doing it with tiny isolation adjustments that do wholeheartedly reveal themselves.  Curious as to how many here have noticed palpable improvements using small dabs of graphene or whatever other mixtures? 
But I do know, that we should relegate any/all of this kind of activity to a certain genre of wackiness. It can be a new code name:

”NO DRIPS” 

In honor of a fantastic tinkerer in oldhvymec 🙏🏼
I’m trying to be careful with my words. Things like AC, (LOL) I’m gonna steer clear of. I’ve heard and seen more disagreement behind the "way it suppose to works" than anything on earth, (just an example).

The funny part is NONE of the parties involved, do it for a living, or were trained in that field. They are sell used cars by day, but (in a lot of cases) some mad "Mr Green Genes", from the old "Captain Kangaroo" show, by night. Their terminology, and perhaps technique, are not the norm, BUT ONLY 1 thing matters. Will it stay working in spite of not knowing WHY? I understand this kind of person, otamatones (90% of the world)
In other word, great parts changers, backyard farmers, garage band folks, in their teens. :-) NEVER any good though...bigger :-) 

Then there is the majority of people to consider though. They understand ALL the terms, how and why it work EVERYTHING (so it seems) but can’t put their hands on it and do it. I don’t know why. Is it human nature?
The "professors" of the world, (My heros). The back seat driver, in a 747, kind of person..Ops, missed a turn, as you fly by India.. LOL That's a left, a left...I can see it now...

Then the odd ball pops up that can do EVERYTHING. Including make the music. Even the stuff that "Makes the music". the stuff to collect and keep the music, make the the stuff to reproduce the music.
They made it, they collected it, they put it on a medium, and sold the music. Who is the "Star" in all this, after all, sure NOT ME..

I’m not an electrician, I’m the other 20%, Yup Most of the family went one of 5 ways.

Mechanics, Electrictricians, Health Care, Law or OTHER. They were all war dogs. The degree and depth vary. "Other" is a whole different thread, LOL

We all helped each other through the years. We built/fixed/added on to each others homes.

Close to 25-28 holmes within 100 mile or so. I left a mark, something I built, my two hand, ALL my mistakes, Man oh Man..

No fancy people, here. Honest though. Just common folks. Church goin’ folks, for the most part, Americans, through and through..

I do have a serious political view, just nothing to do with this ol earth. EVERYONE has a choice. I never give up on anyone, I don’t care who they are.

I love this country, I enjoy, the fact, we can talk "STEREO", find a common ground, and LEARN and enjoy the journey.

My oh my that was a long one.. "No Drips", everyone!

Time to feed the chickens. Talk about look you in the eye, a chicken, YUP one honest animal..

So the next question is, Does it bounce up and down, OR Does it bounce DOWN, and UP?

All part of a series.. LOL

Regards

wolfie62
108 posts11-16-2020 9:50pm

The Emperor has no clothes!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I’ll leave out the rest of your post. I want to give some of it back (if you don’t mind). You’ve post so few time and you have to knock on this door..LOL. It’s just fine come on in..

Jack Harrier wrote a version of that. RIP BUT there was no name callin’,

I enjoy everyone’s input, in spite of the delivery. You CAN make your point without insult.
I see you as an intelligent person. Note: intelli "GENT". I only ask as a courtesy to everyone.. Please be a Gentleman, and share if you don’t mind. Keep in mind, I’m not, anything but a common person, with a ’tinkers" passion.

I can stand corrected, with a humble attitude. But the insults, can I please return them to their rightful owner? A gift none the less but one I choose to return.. Thankyou it’s the thought that counts.

With great regard and respect... Teach me.. WHY does it work?
NOT it does not. I gave you a reason why, it act directional, I gave you the reasoning why and HOW the concoction, becomes thinner and thinner, for a lack of a better term. How it sounds different, how it changes.. BETTER is not the term I wanted to convey, DIFFERENT is. It was better to me.. maybe not others. everyone is different..

It is GRAPHENE, and Graphite, in the NNS, copper, lead, molyb, teflon, and few other things..

Don’t call folks liars, it’s RUDE, if you don’t mind. You can have that back too.. thanks though..

I didn’t ask what you were taught. I ask what YOU LEARNED, from what you were taught. The earth, was flat too, at one time. REPETE, that was not what I was looking for, but thanks none the less. It’s not like it hasn’t been said before. The question is, will anyone respond other than to feel insulted? Me, no one can get my goat.. I already have one.. Buy your own...My buddies name is Bill, I’m sure YOU would get along just fine. HE ATE MY HAT......:-0

Just a common fella.. Fella!

Regards
Post removed