Peachtree and Magnepan = No Bueno

Greetings all. A while ago I tried my Magnepan 1.7i with a Peachtree Nova 150 and found it to be a terrible combination sounding very thin, dull, quiet and having the imaging completely collapse. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this with a Peachtree/Magnepan combination and if Peachtree might be fudging some of their power output numbers or if it is a low current amp. Any ideas? Thanks!

The amp I normally use to power the 1.7i Maggies is a McIntosh MC275. I also tried the Peachtree with my Maggie MMGs and while it wasn’t a terrific combo it sounded much better than with the 1.7i. 
128x128flashhog
@joey54  Thanks for the articles, it seems the Nova 150 might need a little more oomph to push Maggies. However, I found it drove my Wharfedale towers effortlessly making them produce the cleanest and most authoritative bass I've heard yet from them. Cheers.
@ozzy62  Looks that way, thanks for the response. I wondering, with your Maggies what amplification did you use? Thanks.
@jjss49 Thanks for the suggestion, I've heard buzz about Hegel but have not read up on them. I'll take a look at the Audio Excellence guys on YouTube and see what they have to say. 
Agree 100% with jjss49 - I drive my maggies with a Hegel H190.  Other SS amps were ok. 
My Ampzilla 2000 2nd Edition 300wpc monoblocks with a Bryston BP26 preamp do a better job but cost a lot more.

The H190 does a great job driving my Harbeth SHL5+40s as well.

Definitely worth your while to demo if possible.

Good luck in your search!