Peachtree and Magnepan = No Bueno

Greetings all. A while ago I tried my Magnepan 1.7i with a Peachtree Nova 150 and found it to be a terrible combination sounding very thin, dull, quiet and having the imaging completely collapse. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this with a Peachtree/Magnepan combination and if Peachtree might be fudging some of their power output numbers or if it is a low current amp. Any ideas? Thanks!

The amp I normally use to power the 1.7i Maggies is a McIntosh MC275. I also tried the Peachtree with my Maggie MMGs and while it wasn’t a terrific combo it sounded much better than with the 1.7i. 
128x128flashhog
hegel

thanks me later

search youtube on hegel amps and magnepans, the folks at audio excellence outside toronto have very informative videos out on the subject - unlike other clowns on YT these guys properly audition, have a lot of experience, no bs

(no affiliation, just a happy owner)
@joey54  Thanks for the articles, it seems the Nova 150 might need a little more oomph to push Maggies. However, I found it drove my Wharfedale towers effortlessly making them produce the cleanest and most authoritative bass I've heard yet from them. Cheers.
@ozzy62  Looks that way, thanks for the response. I wondering, with your Maggies what amplification did you use? Thanks.
@jjss49 Thanks for the suggestion, I've heard buzz about Hegel but have not read up on them. I'll take a look at the Audio Excellence guys on YouTube and see what they have to say.