Amplifier warm up

I was plalying Boz Scaggs, "Silk Degrees" LP.  After side one, I ate dinner.  One hour later I played side 2.  The second side sounded clearer, more vibrant with better sound stage. I have a Parasound P6 preamp and Parasound Halo A21+ amp.  Is it possible that an hour of warm up improved performance?
aeschwartz
Isn't that Petit Sirah?  DNA analysis shows it actually bears no relation to Syrah.  And so it goes.
@tomic601
@twoleftears

twoleft is correct - from dr vinny @ wine spectator:

"Petite Sirah (you’ve clearly seen some of the wineries that use the alternative spelling of "Petite Syrah") and Syrah are two different red grapes. Syrah (also known as Shiraz in Australia and South Africa) hails from France’s Rhône Valley, where it’s the primary component of some of the world’s most revered red wines from Hermitage and Côte-Rôtie.

Meanwhile, Petite Sirah is the American name for the Durif grape, another French import, which is a cross between the Syrah and Peloursin grapes. Durif never took off in France, but it did in California.

Even though its name implies it may be a lighter version of Syrah, this is definitely not the case. Petites are anything but Petite. I’ve heard that Petite Sirah got its name because the grape bunch looked like a bunch of Syrah grapes, but with smaller berries. These smaller berries mean there’s a higher skin-to-pulp ratio in the grapes, the resulting wines are inky dark and bold, with rich flavors and powerfully dense tannins. Petites are much more tannic and rustic than Syrahs—I often get wild blackberry and huckleberry pie flavors."

Two thoughts... you might be drinking the wrong wimpy Syrah... our house Syrah is DAVIS Family from Healdsburg. For a real Petite with correct spelling and California fruit, I can highly highly recommend a truckload batch from Romeo in Sequim WA from Lost Mountain Winery - it has cellared extremely well. Thanks for the correction 
I have a new warm-up ritual now thanks to this thread. Before this I would turn on the amp, motor controller, and phono stage, all at least a half an hour before listening. Now I also let the motor/platter run almost as long. 

This has really made a difference in the quality of those first few minutes. There's still improvement across the first side, but its starting from a much higher level. 

Okay, don't want to exaggerate this too much. Its not like this is something everyone will even be able to notice. Obviously if we learn anything from threads like this its that there's all different levels of listeners. Some never will hear any difference. But for those who do, this is definitely worth doing.