High end speakers without bi-wiring?

Recently, I've read quite a few posts that disclaim the benefit of bi-wiring. The claim is that for bi-wire capable speakers, there is no noticeable difference between bi-wired and single-wired connection, assuming good quality jumper cabbles are used for single-wired configuration.
Then, is there a move from high end speaker manufacturers to forget about the bi-wiring option and just provide single wire for their high-end speakers?
(Well, bi-amping is another issue, but let's not consider bi-amping.)
128x128ihcho
I do not bi-wire, but side-step the issue with those kinds of speakers I own by passing a single wire through both terminals to bridge. Hate the jumpers thing.
Good idea. If going with single wires in that configuration I would do exactly the same.

Although my current speakers in use are designed for single wiring, bi-wiring benefited my previous speakers compared to single wiring with a DIY silver wire jumper.
I had also tried bi-wiring with different sets of cables. Clear Day shotgun and Signal cable. My friend always liked the sound of Signal cable on woofer and Clear Day on tweeter because such setup produced deeper base and clear mid/high. The reverse setup produced more tight base and a bit dull mid/treble.
I still preferred single wire with Clear Day cable alone because with biwire setup the base was a bit muddy and slow to my taste.
Anyway, it was fun to play with biwiring. Even biamping with VK200/VK60.
You have the same signal on both runs of biwire. The treble and bass do not just travel on the cable run you pick for them unless actively filtered.
Hi Al, I read the statement you provided by Israel Blume and I find his arrogance overwhelming. I would like to add, Israels statement is only another opinion and I hardly think speaker manufacturers are designing crossovers that require biwiring because they do not know how to design a proper crossover or because they want cable manufacturers to sell more cables.

Stereophile's review of the Coincident Super Conguest Series II is an interesting read.
08-23-11: Johnk
You have the same signal on both runs of biwire. The treble and bass do not just travel on the cable run you pick for them unless actively filtered.
In a bi-wire arrangement the current and the power corresponding to the high frequency and low frequency spectral components of the signal do indeed travel on the cable run that is picked for them, although the voltage waveform that propagates through both runs will be essentially the same.

The high pass section of the speaker's crossover will block (or at least greatly reduce) the low frequency currents that would otherwise flow through the wires connected to its terminals. Likewise, the low pass section of the speaker's crossover will block (or at least greatly reduce) the high frequency currents that would otherwise flow through the wires connected to its terminals.

Your comment would be applicable if the jumpers were left in place while bi-wire cables were being used.

Regards,
-- Al