Upgrading from my Bluesound Node 2 streamer

Ignorance is bliss.
I didn't think streamers ( using external DAC) had any influence on the sound. It was just a passway, a bridge,  between the internet and my dac but the more I read the more I'm finding that to be incorrect. Especially from previous Node owners.

So I'm looking to upgrade from the Node ( stream to external dac). Budget less than 2k
I've read may good review on the Lumin U1 Mini and was about to make the purchase when I can came across
these reviews of the Lumin app. Ouch!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luminmusic.lumincontroller&hl=en_US&gl=US.

Any Lumin users here? Thoughts?

Other streamer recommendations appreciated

emil
I have had my Aurender for over two years and have not experienced anything like Cleeds describes. I lose power here all the time and the unit starts back up easily for me. Maybe I’m just lucky.

I have not heard the Bryston BDA-3.14 DAC/Streamer though my dealer, John Rutan, speaks highly of it. I don’t think he has gotten his demo yet. The list price is $4200. There is a very good review of the BDA-3.14 by TAS here:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/bryston-bda-314-dacpreampstreamer/?mc_cid=4750314291&mc...

Again, good luck.
@emil The latest Lumin Android app was released on October 12, if I remember correctly. Lumin has a dedicated Android developer working hard to quash a bunch of issues with the Android app because of the problems people were running into.

With respect to your question about Aurender, a lot of people really like the product and it works well, but their philosophy is slightly different. Lumin's approach is more of an open standards-based one, where you can use it with lots of different types of music library setups, backend music server software, and front-end UI software. With Aurender you need to use their software and their architecture is optimized for having the music files on the Aurender unit itself.

I would recommend at least trying the Lumin app (you can download it and use it, but not play anything, without buying any Lumin hardware). Aurender has some video tutorials for their app. If you don't like the Lumin app, you can use any other UPnP control app instead.
Thanks Neko
So I did try to download the Lumin app like Neko suggested and ya know what?You can only download to a phone or tablet. Not a desktop or laptop like the one I'm using currently with the Node app.
maybe it's a sign :^)

@emil on a desktop computer, you can use Linn Kazoo which is an OpenHome client for Windows or Mac, and JRiver also works.
I have a less than one year old U1 in the den and a D2 in a patio system. I replaced a Bluesound Node 2i and an Auralic Vega and Aries. All are great pieces but the Lumin are better sounding and the software better.