Advice on CD transport

Here’s the situation:

Am purchasing two channel integrated amp with built in DAC shortly (likely Hegel H390. Love the DAC section).  Big CD enthusiast and I’m looking for a great transport under the $1k range (used is more than acceptable).  My issue is buying a standalone transport is too rich for my blood so looking for a CD player with awesome transport. I hate paying for the DAC in it I won’t be using but such is being audio poor. 
I’ve always liked the Rega line but am wondering what anyone has found/used.  If you’ve got any helpful input without getting into DIY, please feel free to chime in. 
CJ
cjlundberg
Sony SCD-1ES or the little brother Sony SCD-777ES if you are lucky. They are climbing in value so grab them while you can and purchase an extra CD lens for backup. 
@scothurwitz Thanks for the information on Jays Audio CDT2 MKII. I am looking for a near SOTA transport that will improve on the already good sound I am getting using the EAR Acute as a transport, but for a reasonable price. I doubt that a $1,000 transport would be better. This is one heavy transport for under $3,000, 15 kg. Does it track burned discs and discs exceeding 80 minutes?   Cyrus XT signature transport is about the same price but reportedly is critical of CD quality(?).  Reviews of Cyrus are not specific.
Hi fleschler

I’ve never had a problem tracking any disc whether it was store bought or burned by friends. 

The Jays audio transport really surprised me. The design is obviously well thought out. The parts quality and the build quality are great. Normally, I’m not a big fan of anything built in China, but this unit is a very different story. It made me realize that it is possible to find very well made products even though it comes from China. 

The owner of the company has designed a great product and really understands what makes a dedicated transport sound good. He believes that there is a lot of musicality to be extracted from red book cd’s still. When a disc can be read properly it can still be a great sounding format. When connected to a good dac with a good digital cable I find it to be incredibly musical. The fact that it’s made in China with their more affordable labor rates allows him to offer a excellent product at a very reasonable price point. If you ever get a chance to hear one, don’t pass up the opportunity. 

A friend of mine told me about it and when he told me it sounded better than two other transports he owned, both being more expensive than the Jays Audio, that’s when I became very interested. I know his taste and he’s recommended other products to me in the past and has always been right so I know I can trust his ear. He was spot on with this one. I couldn’t be happier. Take care.

Scot
@scothurwitz I will be using it in conjunction with the COS Engineering DV2v, the same as in one reviewer's system.  Apparently, a great match using SPDIF connection per video review https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Jays+Audio+CDT2+MKII+review&docid=608024050674043069&mi....  
I too am leery of purchasing Chinese audio gear; however, I have heard some copycat equipment that sounded just like the originals.  I wonder if the Jay's Audio was designed offshore in a different country which is common and just assembled in China.  Yes, this transport looks like a fabulous buy.
I just ordered the Cyrus XT transport used (claimed in excellent condition) from an evidently reliable English retailer for a ridiculously low price ($630 including shipping.) I know there are reports of dubious reliability about Cyrus, but I’ve had their CD t transport for three years without a problem.
For this price I’m willing to take a chance on a high level product.