Floored by Beatles "White Album" Reissue

I bought a sealed copy of this reissue, and it's the most quiet four slabs of vinyl I've ever heard. Sound quality is as good, or better than any other vinyl I can remember hearing. Along with the double White Album, included is the "Esher" demos recorded at George Harrison's recording studio.

All the songs are played with acoustic guitars. Incredibly good sound, and hearing them play so many songs without all the studio effects make you realize just how good those guys really were. I've been wanting a new copy of this music since 1972, when my house burned down, along with my vinyl collection. This set was worth waiting for. Also, for some reason, I kept thinking of Art Dudley, and the influence he had on my changing my system to a return to analog, and the switch to tube amps and preamps, and speakers that would allow that to happen. Best night of music listening I can remember hearing, ever.

Regards,
Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
I bought the be 14 mono LP and have to say I was disappointed, the sound stage seems to collapse and it's more bottom heavy without individual instruments standing out.
If you don't have the original master tapes to work with.It will only be a digital recording. No matter how many times your recording and transfering. But the Beatles were always well recorded. Just never  liked the old stereo separation of the voices and instrument's. 
Giles did have access to the original tapes, but his intentions were never to release THE definitive digital versions of Pepper, the White album and Abbey Road.

The intention was to capitalise on the 50th anniversary and shift some more product.

This he has managed to do quite well.

Hence the gravy train will continue.

The 1987 White album remains the best digital option to date. Some early ones had poor edits between songs but that was corrected soon after as did the identical 30th anniversary edition in 1998.
Funny found this post, I'm listening to this specific remastered 96khz 24 bits and started looking in audiogon for digital remaster and this exact album comes out I'm very surprised of the distortion, started listening to Something the mix,
it hurts my ears,
Here
Comes the Sun a little better but still bad, Something, the studio demo, can't do, so disappointing

Switched to Blue Notes release of Bobby Hutcherson, The Kicker, Redbook, but sooo much better.

It is not my rig