Have you changed your mind about a brand? Was it you, or them?

I've changed my mind about many things.  Beer for instance.  Now I can really only drink IPAs and dark beers. Lagers?  Phooey.  This is very different than what I drank in my 20s though. 

Same for audio gear. 

So let me ask all of you, are there brands or equipment you've changed your mind about, for better or worse?  And if so, why?  It doesn't have to be a brand, it can be a TYPE or technology.

For instance, I used to love Ti and Be tweeters.  Now usually can't listen to them.

What about you?
erik_squires
My most expensive mistake was Apogee Divas. They turned out to be very fragile and when I heard the company was going under I bailed. Fortunately they still had mythological status so I did not do too poorly. 
Back to my trust old Acoustat 2+2's. I came to the realization of just how special they are and use them to this day. In term of active companies that I would not do business with if they gave me the stuff? That would be Dan D'Agostino. I had my run in with him when he still ran Krell. I had KMA 100's and KR 2 preamp. One of the pots in the preamp started to fail. They were a special order part which Dan ran out of and would not order more. His response was to pick up a Pot at Radio Shack and "just mount it on top." The preamp was so thin regular pots would not fit. The shame is that the amps were truly special. As far as I am concerned Dan can go shovel sh-t in a corner. 
I loved my Marantz Reference PM15S2b integrated when I first got it. When I got the Kinki Studio EX-M1, I liked that even more.

With some fiddling of filter settings on the Marantz SA15S2b SACD player, installing the Niagara 1200 power conditioner, using Isoacoustic Oreas under my gear, and turning off the darn LEDs on the Marantz gear, I now have almost the same see-thru of the Kinki with more body, warmth, and nuance from the Marantz, giving me a new appreciation for the Marantz, over that of the Kinki. 

A big plus is now it's all matching in the looks department and I'm now back to a wider range with the volume since it doesn't come on full song so darn early with the settings.

All the best,
Nonoise
I've tried 4 dedicated streamers that cost up to $2100,  using them as roon endpoints and I've yet to find one that sounds any better than using a raspberry pi4.  I guess that's a type I'm about to give up on. 
I changed my mind about Tekton as a brand. I thought it was just another small company producing decent speakers and that was about it.

After being exposed to a few threads and somewhat religious approach that Tekton disciples seem to have, along with reading about their speakers, something changed. Company owner's responses in one of the threads hardly helped.

I am not talking about speaker performance (I have had same and very limited opinion), but this thread is about "brand image" I think.
Klipsch.
RP 600m - first pair of Klipsch I ever had (just got them this week).
Shied away from Klipsch because I was hesitant horn speakers were too bright.
Well, these aren’t. Early in the break in stage but showing mucho promesa.