Who's using Harbeth with tubes, what speaker model and how many watts per channel?

Curious what current consensus is regarding the above question.

Thank you.
128x128joeinid
I've used Harbeth 40.1's with the following tube amps:
  • McIntosh MC275 MKV - 75 WPC (good synergy)
  • VAC Ren. 30/30 MK3 - 32 WPC (love this amp, but could have benefitted from more power)
  • VAC Ren. 70/70 Sig - 68 WPC (great amp, great synergy)
  • VAC PHI 200 (powerful bass, but lacks transparency and air)
  • Music Reference RM9 MK2 - 125 WPC (great match and added flexibility to use variety of power tubes to tailor  sound... I preferred KT88's with 40.1's)

I recently sold my trusty 40.1's for the 40.2 Anni's and continue to use the Music Reference RM9 MK2 with RAM EL34 tubes... sounds really good!!!  I have no intention of changing this amp... it's a classic and a great value on the used market when they come available.

I also owned a pair of SHL5's for a brief spell and powered them with the VAC 70/70 Sig (68wpc).   Not surprisingly, the SHL5's just don't sound nearly as impressive as the 40.1's and 40.2 Anniversaries to my ears.

I've tried a few solid state amps with the 40.1's and was not as impressed with the sound quality as I've been with the tube amps mentioned above.

I had the Harbeth SuperHL5+ driven by Conrad Johnson Premier 12 amps and CJ Premier 16LS2 pre-amp.

Gorgeous sound.   Rich and organic, but controlled and punchy from top to bottom.