Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires
@cd318 put it very nicely:

At the end of the day Fritz speakers will have to compete with other makes at similar price points. I'm sure that Fritz will be very aware of this. It's probably in his head morning noon and night.
My guess is that Fritz is no longer that worried. He has been in business, successful, with people still talking about and buying his speakers for, what, 30+ years? I'll be lucky if anyone talks about what I do 10 or 20 years from now, let alone 30. 
I've met Fritz at several audio shows.  He is a very nice man.  I enjoyed listening to his speakers.   I would compare them to Harbeths (smaller ones).  I am not in the market for mini-monitor type speakers but I can recommend them based on what I heard.
That is a very good suggestion Audioman 58, no need to check your self-awareness. If Fritz offered an optional special edition for $500. then it would only enhance them from a value standpoint. I think many potential customers who are spending $3500. for a pair of monitors that might be worth $5,000. or $6,000., would certainly spend an extra well spent $500. for monitors that would compete with monitors in the 10K range. In any event I believe Fritz will customize his speakers which is a great advantage of working with a very small company.
Very good point Guppy , that was exactly what I was trying to convey 
the Xover being the heart or brain of all Loudspeakers That use a Xover to
dictate in part it’s resolution and refinement and the Higher Quality selection of 
Xover parts is instrumental in the final outcome and a builder get parts at least 30% off retail since it is no extra cost in labor at time of build just same charge the retail price 
of the cost into the SE cost ,at minimum of 10-15% increase in resolution and fidelity. That is my point and All I have nothing to add to the conversation .
This is exactly the thing I meant.

People are nit picking Fritz in a way no one would analyze Wilson, B&W or Joseph Audio, or Magico.

Because he's a small shop, who uses comparable drivers, suddenly a handful of arm chair speaker builders (whose opinions on this subject are entirely questionable) we are asking him to get special parts for the purchase cost.

Give me a break.  No one sells parts for even retail.  You can't run a business this way and it's not worth the phone call. 

Best,

Erik