Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires

The rule of thumb in hi-fi manufacturing is to price a product at ten times the cost of parts. Assuming that is for selling through brick & mortar retailers, for direct sales let’s cut that in half. Even at five x parts, the $3500 Fritz is still UNDER-priced.

kenjit, as the hillbilly putting gas into Burt Reynolds’ Jeep in Deliverance said to Ned Beatty, you don’t know nuthin’.

The rule of thumb in hi-fi manufacturing is to price a product at ten times the cost of parts. Assuming that is for selling through brick & mortar retailers, for direct sales let’s cut that in half. Even at five x parts, the $3500 Fritz is still UNDER-priced.
If Fritz can do it for that price what does that tell us about all the other speaker companies? It tells us that we are being duped. Wake up and smell the coffee, most hifi speakers are overpriced and you know it!
Fritz suggests on his website that his speakers are the worlds best sounding.

This is simply an unproven statement. Do not be deceived by companies that make such bold claims. 

If Fritz was so great, nobody would buy WILSON AUDIO, B&W, VIVID, YG ACOUSTICS, MAGICO, FOCAL, KEF.

The evidence does NOT support the conclusion that Fritz speakers are a cut above the rest.
People, don't forget the pledge not to feed the...

+1 goose. Yes if they came from England or Denmark. Or, if Fritz had a huge facility or if he had a staff, with wages and benefits, or if he had a webmaster or a PR person…and on and on. What would that add? He does not have economy of scale but he has creative control and none of those other costs.
Having spent the last several months in lockdown, and needing something to do, I've spent a lot of time building speakers of varying designs, sizes and feel.
One thing I am so very curious about is the crossover design he uses.
Makes an easy load for the amp, and apparently doesn't have the phase shift issues associated with a parallel crossover.
And the crossover design is an indicator of how he works. Very fussy design. Any component changes will have a cascading effect.
Simple, but so very elegant.
His cabinets adhere to the same proportions - which makes production for a small manufacturer more efficient. Again, not so easy to do as every incarnation will require its own internal "magic".

As for the other stuff in this thread...
"I know you are, but what am I..."