Speakers which always sound good

This is brought up because I'm home shopping, but I'm not actually looking for speakers right now, so please don't take this as a request for advice so much as opinions.

As I shop for homes I've realized how few are really equipped for the audiophile.  Too many fireplaces and windows and damn kitchens and bathrooms placed completely inappropriately for us! :-)

And as you may know, I'm a big fan of appropriate room treatments.

So, wanted to step away from this world for a bit and ask, what are speaker brands that you feel always work?  Or at least, work really well without having to think about the room acoustics or placements?  Reminder that this is 99% of the buying public.  We who have laser line levelers, a closet full of measurement microphones and a chair which bolts our head into a fixed location may not believe it is true, but this is the majority of the buying public. 

What do we, the audiophile community recommend to them to actually be helpful in getting them as many positive music listening experiences as possible?

Best,

Erik
erik_squires
If you want a stable stereo image wherever you are listening, mbl or Ohm would be the ticket.  Don't think the former would be something for the general public, though, at their prices.  I had considered mentioning line arrays, like Sceana or the Pipedreams, as they can be listened to and sound amazing in the nearfield, but I didn't mention them because I don't think most of the public wants speakers of that size in their living rooms.
If you're looking for universal speaker that works in all room configurations, then you're going to have to settle for a compromise.

An omni-directional speaker would probably be the answer.

You can do it on the cheap with a Bose 901 or high end with the MBL 101 X-treme (~$263,000)
Not perfectly flat in measurements, I nonetheless have loved Totems both for their musicality and their ease of placement within many types of space. 
I also agree with the one or two folks who recommended Ohm Speakers if a standard dynamic isnt a requirement. Not sure why this brand, which was a hifi darling in the 80’s, is no longer reviewed regularly. Could it be because of their direct sales marketing and lack of advertising in the main publications? That is, no quid pro quo with the audio mags?
*S*  I'm happy to read this topic has brought the omni-culture out...👍

@cal91...In reality, no....reading the book, that is...
I prefer to make up my own life without the influence of epic tomes or modern versions.  Besides, we all make up our own 'daze' on the fly to some extent anyway....;)
A friend (I do have some...I do make them myself, to some degree...*L*) in Houston, quizing me as to 'why don't you 'do' Art; suddenly blurted:

"I get it!  Your Life IS Your Art!"

*PG pause*
"...well, that's as good an excuse as any I might make....Thanks! *L*"

If you've noted some simularities 'twixt me and the Joyce; refer to the statement that follows most movies....

"Any simularities to people and events in real life..."
...is Your Problem. *L* 

"Officer, I don't know Any of these people.  Life is just a huge shared hallucination anyway..."

Other than cursing parrots (which I'd like as a ringtone), best comment of the day...

'Never mistake my silence for weakness.
No one plans a murder out loud.'

That shirt I would buy.....wear to parties...or the next AXPONA.
You will know me by the clothes and the sound protection earphones I wear....;)
I like my A speakers to be my Advent 6003’s. I’ll pair these with either my New Advents, or else the Heresy Klipsch as my B speakers, depending.
For low to mid volume, I can listen to just the 6003’s all. day. long. 
-John