Buchardt A500, KEF LS50 Wireless, etc. What are your top 3 downsides?

I'm seeing reviews popping up recently for the new version of the KEF LS50 wireless and the Buchardt A500. PS Audio is working on a wireless speaker, too, I gather. Specific models don't really matter. I'm interested in the general approach these products represent.

What you would you list as the top three most important minuses for investing in these speakers as the system? Sonic quality? Likelihood to become outdated by newer technologies? Lack of choice regarding DAC, etc?

Or, if it's really hard to come up with major downsides for these types of speakers, are they harbingers of a larger shift for audiophiles?

I don't have a bias, here. More interested in drawing out your views and experience.
128x128hilde45
I don't see a major shift to active speakers not enough stuff to tinker with. No tubes in any of these though they might eventually have filters you can load in to give them a tube sound. 
When the cell phone apps stop being supported you have an obsolete product. Buchardt is a new company and very small so that is extra risk. Original LS50 wireless is not obsolete but is dated after 3 years and has a frustrating app. 

LS50 has no grills and kids love to poke them out. 

You have to like the Class D, active crossover, DSP sound. Basically the studio monitor sound. 

If they need service you're out for awhile no swapping a different component is a downside. I use active speakers and like them. They're not wireless but are wired to ethernet. Best sounding speaker to me I've ever had. If I upgrade it would be another active.