Eminent Technology LFT 7 !!

Not a missprint!  LFT 7 was the LFT 6 with additional bass panels. The bass panels had 3 bass drivers per panel.  4 panels total.  Would like to hear them or purchase them.  
128x128riverdinaudio
...nepan will someday complete their plan to blend quasi-ribbon panels with equalized cone woofers.  Currently called the Condo 30.7.  But that is a another thread.  Back to my recently acquired LFT3s.  The previous owner suggested they were best at lower volumes.  I will soon know for sure.  The LFT6 may or may not need bass assistance depending on taste.  As a long time Magnepan owner the LFT6 bass was fine for me.  

@riverdinaudio, agree about the Maggie ribbon tweeter. I have a pair of Tympani T-IVa's, which contain it. I never though of using it in place of the ribbon tweeter in the LFT-8b, as that ribbon is used only for the top octave. When I get the time, I'm gonna place the T-IVa m/t panels beside the LFT-8b panels, compare the two tweeters. Thanks for the idea!

There are a group of guys on the Planar Speaker Asylum Forum who had removed the midrange driver from the T-IVa, replacing it with multiple NEO8 drivers (seven, iirc). Haven't heard them myself, but reports are very positive.

I failed to mention it above, but the GT Audio Works sub is nothing more than the GR Research/Rythmik OB/Dipole Sub kit installed in their own H-frame, not visa versa. Credit where credit is due! The sub came from the fertile mind of GRR's Danny Richie, a long-time proponent of OB loudspeakers and subs. When he learned of Rythmik Audio Brian Ding's new servo-feedback sub system, he thought mating it with an OB woofer (which are designed specifically for that application, different from those designed for non-OB use) would create a new SOTA sub/woofer, and got to work on the design.

The sub uses the Rythmik A370 plate amp, into which Brian Ding installs a dipole cancellation-compensation network (a simple single-pole/1st-order low-pass filter). Danny designed the woofer, which is the Rythmik 12" paper cone woofer optimized for OB usage.

At the 2019 Capital Audiofest I looked into the back of the GT Audio Works woofer stack and realized i could build my own for pennies on the dollar sine they are GR Research re-badged.  Pleae understand, the GT Audio Works system is a work of art and love.  I am a fan!
Many years ago I used the Magnepan 60" ribbon tweeter with the BG Radia 75" ribbons and generic sub.  Could never get it to blend and at the time my reference was a Magnepan MG20.  Even Magnepan had trouble blending their tweeter to there original wire on membrane design.  

I have a beautiful set of LFT-VI in my office paired with a two smaller SHU Subs. Works well enough,  played occasionally.  I have a minty NAK deck, too. I should play this stuff, not try to keep as museum pieces.   :) 
It is all too easy to get distracted from this hobby.  Start listenning at low levels, if you can, as long as you can each day.  Tidal steaming has revitalized my daily listening.