Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten
Yes Al was a class act.

We didn't share many exchanges online but the ones we did were all good.

It was touching that we shared some musical tastes too such as some of those lush 1960s recordings as well as the love of audio.
To Al's family....Don’t let go of your precious memories. They’ll get you through this difficult time.
My deepest and most sincere condolences, to Margaret, family, friends, and the entire audio community, for this loss. Al, enlighten those, in the heavens, as you have enlightened us, here, with your knowledge, kindness, camaraderie, humanity, time, your heart, and, so much more. You will be so very missed, and this Forum, will never be the same, without you. Will think of you, always, and, I will see you, again. And David, much appreciate it, thank you. Always, MrD.
My sincere condolences to Margaret and all of Al's family, friends and acquaintances. His kindness and generosity will be sorely missed here.

I recall when Al and I had a difference of opinion over fuses and their efficacy and the best part of it all was just that, a difference of opinion. 
No need or occasion to be rude, vulgar or out of line. Al would take pains to explain how I couldn't be hearing what I was hearing and was always the gentleman. We could all learn something from his example, especially me. Life is too short to not enjoy it as we should.

All the best,
Nonoise