...bookshelf speakers that sound good at low volume...

Hello to all...

Looking for new bookshelf speakers that sound good at low volume

CD-only listening; powering with 35w/8ohm Monoprice integrated, with silver interconnects; speaker cable home made twisted 14g solid core copper, bare wire connected to JBL L25 "PRIMA" Big 2-ways...

In approx. 14’ x14’ room in apt: multi use area - dining/kitchen/tv-gaming

If dedicated listening: approx 8’away (speaker cabinets 6’ center to center; speakers are not mirror-image const.)

Speakers sound great at medium+ volume - they really sing - but are really muddy and not detailed at low volume.

Options: replace integrated with vintage or new 50-75w/ch (with or without DAC) OR new or vintage bookshelf speakers... budget $500-$1000 max.

Located in Metro NYC area...

At present - I am gonna keep the JBLs: could their low volume presentation change with a better or higher wattage integrated?

I know I am casting a wide net here, not looking for " try it - see how it sounds": looking for experiences and opinions based on trial and errors of others willing to share.

Thanks in advance to all... Best Wishes - Be Well...
insearchofprat
 +1 on yogiboy’s suggestion.  I previously owned a pair of Spendor S3/5’s. I also do a lot of my listening at low volumes. Usually under 70db as measured with an iPhone app. They are awesome little speakers. Phenomenal midrange,and they image with the best of them.  If you see a pair of Harbeth p3esr’s for $1000,grab them ASAP! If you don’t, I will!!   I think they usually fall in  a few hundred above your budget. ($1300-1800) from what I’ve seen. Enjoy the hunt!
There was a pair of music culture rl-21s for sale on usaudio mart. Those are some of the best bookshelves I’ve ever heard. Very rare. Made in Germany by mbl designer Wolfgang meletsky. They do like power. Don’t know if your mono price is up to task. I heard them with a 100 wow pure class A krell and was floored. 
I have always found tube amps to sound better than S.S. at lower volumes given speakers which are tube friendly. By tube friendly I mean a a speaker with a higher impedance. I dont think that buying a more powerful amp is the answer, I think that getting new speakers would be a better solution but your budget is very low.
actually tubes sound fantastic  on the lowest transformer tap, called light loading re Roger Modjeski of Music Reference fame.

but for resolution and. detail at lower volume, you need better watts not more. Go see Johnny Rutan in Verona, he can help you. @audioconnecion