Pink Floyd and Weed

Really enjoying some Pink Floyd, the Division Bell. Hi-Res download from my PC to my DAC. Anyway, listening to my headphones and noticing way less bass than through my main speakers, nothing I can adjust. My headphone playback is through a modified Musical Fidelity Amp going to a set of Sennheiser HD600 phones, is it the headphones or the amp sucking the bass life out of the music?

If necessary, I can replace the headphones or the amp, but not both.

Thanks!

grm
The Division Bell is easily my favourite latter day (non Barrett) Floyd album (behind both DSOTM and WYWH).

From what I know, unless they're faulty, it's not a good idea to get rid of the almost universally loved HD600s.

Why not try them on your PC / laptop/ phone with some equalisation to see if that helps?
I appreciate your suggestion -thanks. I'll try them through my PC and see if I can adjust the bass. Maybe the problem is my amp?

I really like the "sound" of my HD600's, just missing the bass!

My headphone playback is through a modified Musical Fidelity Amp

Modified, how? Resistor across the output to drop the voltage? Maybe another one in parallel? Maybe values that would be fine for a high impedance low load IEC but runs out of gas trying to drive the headphones? That would explain the low bass from an otherwise exemplary set of cans.

I modified the amp with a kit I found on-line. Basically, new caps throughout, a new BB op-amp, new volume pot, etc. The amp has way more than enough power for the headphones, at around the midpoint in the volume range it is too loud to listen to.

I tried the headphones on a PC with a dedicated sound card and I was able to adjust the bass, the results were surprising in that there was a great deal more bass but for some reason it just did not sound right.

Thanks!
It’s the PC, Janelle Monae, dirty computer.
My sound card SQ is crap. I only use it for recording internet streams.