External DAC?

Hey guys,

Here's my current setup:  Node 2i > Marantz PM KI Ruby > Dynaudio Special 40.

I am considering getting an external DAC and bypass the Node's DAC.   I have seen great reviews for the Topping D90 but the MQA only works via USB (node 2i doesn't have usb out).  Not that big of a concern because I can always use Qobuz HiRes instead and to be honest, I can't tell much of a difference on most tracks.

Anyway, is the Topping D90 a worthy upgrade to the node 2i?  Or should I spend more and go for the trusted Chord Qutest?  I will be stretching my budget with the Chord but I am to wait and save up if it is worth it.  Any other DACs in this price range?

Please advise! 
prashanth13485
@lalitk

and some would call those you mention (as good as they are) exactly that... "cheap toys" ... LOL

value judgements are always in the eye of the beholder

@fuzztone

to me the metrum flint/amethyst is superior to the topping which i bought and subsequently returned to Apos - the D90 sounded clear but shrill compared to the lovely Metrums

Just check out Denafrips , for $1700 the Pontus is exceptional 
Vinshine  Audio  DHL  only takes 4-5 day free shipping nothing 
compares  in the  $2k range 8 sold my Schiit Yggsdrasil  for it .
If you don’t need volume control or MQA try a Topping E30. There are a lot of good DACs out there you don’t need to spend a fortune for great sound.

I added a Topping E30 to the digital output of my 20 year old Denon DCM-440. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I definitely heard improvement...not huge improvement, but easily audible and easily worth the $130.
If you don't want to buy a fresh Metrum direct, HiFiHeaven has them for pennies more. Again free, superfast delivery.
Designed in Holland by experts.