Q acoustics harsh high end

Please help.
Just bought a Pioneer network reciever and a pair of 3050s. I realise this isn't top end equipment but at any sort of volume the upper frequencies are harsh,  very noticeable on female voices. The last system I had was started back in the late 70s with a pair of MA4s, then a denon amp, 50W I think, then I added a mid range Marantz cd player.
I remember having absolutely no issues with the sound quality. I have tried placing the system in a different room. I have tried a different amp (Marantz 63KI). I have tried a different Cd player but all sound the same, bright, harsh top end. Im begining to think it's the speakers but the reviews are almost unanimously brilliant. I'm wondering if I should get some second hand MA 352s
Any advice would be welcome

John 
jlj
Don’t believe all that break in nonsense. It’s just a way to have you get accustomed to the sound of the speakers. If you don’t like the sound from day one, you aren’t going to like it a year later after 300,000 hours of break in time.
The fact that some manufacturers use burn-in to delay returns long enough for people to get used to it and decide to live with bad sound is no reason to conclude its not a real thing. Burn-in is definitely a real thing. But what also is a real thing is nothing that starts out sounding crap magically sounds wonderful 500 hours later. Does. Not. Happen. It - whatever it is, cable, speaker, amp makes no difference - should sound good right out of the box, or it goes back.
I only sort of agree...not always good right out of the box, but should be good within 100 hours...when I first heard the new Vandersteen 3 at my dealer they sounded not good right out of the box, ..went back 5 days later, same setup, and they sounded wonderful..had to buy them...my PS Audio digital gear took a long time to sound it’s best, but sounded excellent after just a few hours...new shoes are another story
The moral of this story is that you can't trust at all reviewers' characterizations of equipment's sonic signature.  *You* need to hear it.