“BLOCK” Function?

I’ve tried a search here for such a function,and I’ve come up empty. Is there a way to block certain members? Not just from personal messages,but so they don’t show up in any topic I’m reading. Sometimes it’s nice to ask a question and learn something without someone trying to rub your nose in your lack of knowledge like a dog that did his business in the house.  I am all for learning from others. That’s one of the reasons I frequent this site. However,there are some folks here that do have vast knowledge, but are as abrasive as 40 grit sandpaper. For those folks I’m ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.  

128x128rocray
@jetter Unfortunately creating a Tweak topic won’t constrain the behavior the OP is referencing:

Sometimes it’s nice to ask a question and learn something without someone trying to rub your nose in your lack of knowledge like a dog that did his business in the house.

This behavior has no topical boundaries for certain participants.
Its also nice to be able to read a thread that doesn't go completely off topic. Something maybe the OP is only now beginning to relate to.

Or not. Reading comprehension, self-awareness, both in short supply. 

Virtue signaling, that we have in abundance.
Its also nice to be able to read a thread that doesn't go completely off topic. Something maybe the OP is only now beginning to relate to.

Or not. Reading comprehension, self-awareness, both in short supply.

So now the OP is getting admonished while complaining about rude behavior. lol  Seriously, this is taking on SNL parody levels of ridiculousness now.
I’m not talking about mods running around deleting posts. It's an auto delete function.

Second when the moderators DO delete post, normally at the request of the "delete the post crew" a bunch of sissies, wearing MENS, boxers.  Be a stand up person.. Go commando, no boxers, no panties. Just suck it up... Be adult... 90+ % are, but there are the, "why don't you just shut the fuc&  up" crew too... Nothing but noise in the background, worthless, treat the trash the way they act... Print the crap out and, Wipe the dogs ass with it.... I'm for that, behind the seen revenge.

At least one has stopped, 20,000 + worthless post, I never got so sick of the 3 or 4 that ALWAYS, join hands and start, wasting space.

Ask MC he has folks that just wait for his post.  WHY? Jealousy ALWAYS brings unkind words...  The kicker is they won't stop, pure shi$heads. Worthless... BTW, me, along with QUIT a few others.
use others peoples names, in private messaging. if that doesn't work, the gloves come OFF, I can be quite a handful, with a keyboard... :-)

BUT I try to be a gentleman.
Make sure my guest  FEEL safe, and ARE secure.. Rare!!! maybe but it was the way I was taught. Thanks to my Mother and my Father in law. Wonderful folks.

Regards to all
I can honestly say, in the history of all my forum participations,I have never once,ever requested that someone’s post be removed. Last I checked,both testicles are in place. Their hanging a little lower at my age,but hey,ya can’t have everything. I also think that you might not get the gist of what I am trying to convey. I’m not talking about anybody having anything deleted. Let me explain it this way. When I was a kid,I used to watch football with my dad.(God rest his soul) He absolutely could not stand Howard Cosell. So what would dad do? He wouldn’t change the channel,he would get up and turn the volume off. That’s right,I remember when tv’s didn’t have remotes. So my dad and I would watch the game with out own commentary. I just thought I would be nice to have a “mute” button for some members.
So like my dad,I would like to turn the volume off on the Howard Cosell’s around here. No one would be censored or deleted publicly, just on my screen. Sorry if some people don’t agree with my opinion. Feel free to block me.