“BLOCK” Function?

I’ve tried a search here for such a function,and I’ve come up empty. Is there a way to block certain members? Not just from personal messages,but so they don’t show up in any topic I’m reading. Sometimes it’s nice to ask a question and learn something without someone trying to rub your nose in your lack of knowledge like a dog that did his business in the house.  I am all for learning from others. That’s one of the reasons I frequent this site. However,there are some folks here that do have vast knowledge, but are as abrasive as 40 grit sandpaper. For those folks I’m ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.  

128x128rocray
Simple solution, sort through the crap, and keep what you like, I do.

So we're clear OP, grow a little thicker skin.  The forms are not personal  but they sure can be rough for the thin skinned.

Be glad the DELETE post crew isn't out in full force. 

I would rather read the BAD post than to EVER see one removed.

I wish you the best.

Regards

By no means am I for censorship. Well, maybe personal censorship. I’m not talking about mods running around deleting posts,I’m talking about my ability to remove those posts/posters. Make no mistake, this is still America,and everyone has a right to free speech. Sometimes,just sometimes it would be nice not to see the same old crap. I guess I’m living in fantasy land.
If you'd started off with "filter function" perhaps things would have gone better.
Just bear this in mind too:
You can't post photos directly on A'gon.
The @name reply function works about 2 times out of 10.
etc.

twoleftears,  please enlighten me on the filter function. How does it work,and how do I access it?