Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
People do tweaks, upgrades, additions, etc, because they hear improvements. Doesn’t make a product poor because it sounds better with those tweaks. If that were true then pretty much all products are poor. There are huge numbers of upgrades that can make substantial improvements in a Mustang as an example. Dosnt make the car poor because it can be improved. Just shows a bias on the part of some people.
I don’t think any speaker would sound the same because of the room acoustics but if you start with what you know sounds great then you work towards that. If you’re not willing to try different things to improve then headphones would be a smarter choice. 
I suppose it is a matter of how one wants to view something. I interpret the ability of a speaker or any audio component to easily reveal tweaks or changes made within an audio system as a positive attribute. Anyway it’s quite clear to me that Keith and Deborah are highly impressed with the performance of the Moabs. Virtually any audio component can be improved (Regardless of its cost or stature) with appropriate upgrades and tweaks. This would include the Moabs. 
Charles 
I agree with all of that, but am simply saying that hearing millercarbon’s speakers in their current state is not representative of what those speakers are when delivered new. If tweaks do have aforementioned impact, they are sonically different speakers than "Tekton Design Moab".

To follow Ford Mustang analogy, chipped car with differents shocks, struts, etc. may have started as Mustang, but will not be the same experience. Trying one like that, liking it, and then buying a stock one thinking it will be as good is quite optimistic.
Glupson, I don’t think anyone buying a stock Moab, or mustang, would believe it’s the same thing as a modified one. People buy certain cars, trucks, and keeps all the time to start as a base and add to them all the time. Don’t think anyone feels that Ford, Jeep, etc is trying to fool anyone about what the stock vehicles are. In fact many of those companies team up with third party after market companies for shows to show off what can be done. Same thing happens at audio shows.