Tubed Preamp recommendations?

Hi all- so im looking for a tubed preamp (used) in the $1k-$1.5 (max) range. I can’t decide. the list of contenders is too strong...I was looking at a PrimaLuna 3, BAT Vk30 as well as various ARC’s..then a Levinson 38 popped up...wow.
I prefer my sound on the warm and silky side of things..but not dark/syrupy. Thoughts, comments are much appreciated.

My system: Meridian 556, Musical Paradise tubed DAC, bluesound Node2i, Schiit Saga/Psvane, KEF Q150, pinetree audio IC’s/Cords throughout, MonsterPower line conditioner.
128x128jl1ny
jl1ny, I believe you are correct that the Prologue Premium replaced the Prologue 3. I'm not sure just how much it changed, if at all. Watch out for a high output impedance, that might limit you choice of amps. In your price range I think I'd like the Quicksilver. Easy to change tubes for sonic reasons. Lots of tubes, new and NOS, reasonably priced as well. 
Linear Tube Audio has an extremely well reviewed David Berning design within you price range (maybe $50 more if you want the remote option).

It also has an onboard headphone amp which may, or may not, better the Saga you are currently using.

https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/products/mz2mz2-s

DeKay
Post removed