velodyne dd plus? still considered best of the best?

are these subs still comparable to the top subs today for music and sound quality?  I was thinking about getting a used one, the resale value puts them around the same price for me as a new svs sealed 3000 series, new ryhmik , new  rel t7i, or used jl audio e series

audiocanada
They're not considered the best of the best but they're good enough.  Deep bass doesn't need to be perfect.  The room causes far more problems than the driver.  I've got a 14 year old DD18 that works fine and I'd never consider replacing it unless it stopped working and I couldn't get it fixed.  It's a great product.  The deepest bass without a hint of audible distortion.  Sealed box means no port noise.  There's auto eq and manual eq.  It's a thoroughly thought out product with several generations before it.  The question is just whether you want to risk buying an excellent older product that might have a part fail.  Can you get a replacement?  
Despite its age the DD Plus simply offers more than everything on your list. Its condition and how it was used could be an issue.  

The DD Plus is a sea change from HGS and a substantial improvement over the DD.

The JL Audio F series are as potent but their DSP is Auto only so your stuck with JL's choice of how a sub should sound. The version 2 added more frequency bands but it remains Auto only.
JL Audio now offers the CR-1 crossover for some manual settings of a single setup.

You would need to contact Audio Reference and ask about service support https://www.velodyneacoustics.com/
George Meyer AV in Los Angeles CA. was an authorized Velodyne service center https://www.georgemeyer-av.com

Reading the SVS Ultra manual it may be the closest to the Velodyne Auto/Manual concept. It offers three EQ presets and Q adjustability but not having any practical experience with it I can't comment.
I posted in another thread that Velodyne has sold its sub line to another company, so hopefully we’ll see some service available soon. I love my pair of DD10 plus, though the remote sensor seems to be less responsive lately. The nice thing is not only does it have high level speaker inputs like the REL, but you can also hook up the xlr or rca. I use high level for stereo and xlr for Home theater system, so subs work for both my systems.

The ddplus was designed for low bass in 20’s and below, and I like having ability to change crossover slope via remote.

They keep up well with my TAD’s which have wonderful bass, but roll off in low 30’s.   I like very tight bass with no overshoot, but the servo can be lowered for looser bass.

I’m using them in a 12,000 cubic foot space, and though I don’t like a lot of bass, they do satisfy my needs.  
Of the six Velodyne models I've owned over the years the only service issue I had was the remote receiver in one of my DD Plus which wasn't working at all.
I dropped it off at the Digital Drive location in the late afternoon and told them that the I purchased the unit new in a sealed box from an unauthorized New Jersey dealer and expected to pay for the repair.

It was repaired the next day at no charge so I bought a second unit right then and there. They're daisy chained master and slave using a custom length RS232 cable.