Floorstanding speakers - $2-3K

I am a retired 74 year old. One of my hobbies is, slowly but surely, improving my satisfaction from my “basement” stereo system.

I run Tidal Premium into Bluesound Nodi 2i > Denafrips Ares II > (recently purchased) Kinki Studio ex-m1. I also have a Classe AMP2 class D amp that I use without a preamp.

I recently started with a pair of ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 bookshelf speakers and the moved up to Wharfdale Evo 4.2s. The room is around 18 x 18 with 9 foot ceilings. I listen to a variety of music.

The UB5s were amazing for the price, and that also applies to the Wharfdales. I had considered a move up to the Wharfdale Evo 4.3 or 4.4, however, I would like to find a set of floorstanding speakers that encompass the strengths of the Wharfdale Evos but push the vocals just a little bit further forward in the soundstage...and possibly also a bit more lively.

In an attempt to save my back I would like to keep the weight of the speaker to <75lbs each.

chinook9
Hey keithtexas, I have the KCII Pro Carbon and they just crank. I listen to alot of prog and power metal. I do have them modified and to me these are fantastic speakers. No problem with the metal thing.
Sounds good Mr. Salami. :)
I recently bought a closeout pair of EP 4.4s with neo tweeter(?) and asked Danny Richie to design a better crossover and upgrade the crossover (parts) too. 
I just need to block out a day to go pick them up or have him ship them to Houston area.
My man-cave awaits their arrival. :D
Thank you to all for you recommendations. This was a very difficult process. I read (and listened to) every review I could find and in the end it came down to reviews and recommendations, combined with availability and price.

Tekton had, in stock, an "upgraded" pair of Electrons, with grill, in black at $2200. I can return them if I don’t like them. Its also a plus that I will be able to try some low power amps.

Thanks again!

NOTE:  I will now get to work on adding acoustic treatments to the room.
I also went through Danny to modify the KCIIs' and they sound Great!. Chinook9,  I did have a pair of the Impact Monitors. I think you will enjoy them. Looking forward to the review.