Preamp suggestions, yes again

I know these types of topics come up very often but here's another.

I'm looking for a preamp for my system. I currently use an Onkyo TX-SR705 as a pre. I have Klipsch RP-600M bookshelf speakers fed by a diy First Watt Aleph J amp. 

I'm looking at the Odysey Candela and the Van Alstine Vision SLR to start. I'd like to stay around this price point or lower.

I do not need phono but a remote is a must have. Obviously I'm open to ss or tubes. Thoughts on the two in considering? Other suggestions? 
128x128markf31
Post removed 
Between those 2, go Van Alstine.

Or hit the used market, for an Onkyo P-308 pre, she is amazing, and reliable.

Or the roger sanders pre, another Top tier preamp.
I use a Don Sachs 6sn7 preamp (a modified version of the vta sp14 kit which itself appears to be based on the Aikido kit). It has everything you want and sounds great driving my DIY first watt f4 monoblocks. I have Duelund tinned copper cast output capacitors and that was a big step up from the miflexs it comes with. I've never seen a bad review of the unit.
And I would also say you might also give supratek a shot. All the owners love it too. I almost bought one and still might give it a shot and compare it to my lovely DS one day.

Just look at the love in this thread: https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/supratek-owners-thread