Margin on speaker sales by high end dealer

Many a times, you talk with a dealer and they order and deliver the product. So you spend 10k on a pair of speakers. Seems very simple to do by a high end dealer. And most often done without an Instore  visit.
So how much are they making?
emergingsoul
So you spend 10k on a pair of speakers. Seems very simple to do by a high end dealer. And most often done without an Instore visit.
Why do you assume that? Where’s your evidence for saying “most often done without an in-store visit?” I’ve never bought an audio component from a dealer without listening to it, or at least some other stuff, in their store. What about the many customers who come in and listen, ask questions, and take up valuable time and resources and buy nothing and/or just buy the item online? Seems like you’re trying to imply dealers make a high margin for doing very little work. That may happen sometimes, but probably not nearly enough from a dealer’s perspective. If that was the case there’d be a lot more high-end audio dealers rather than them unfortunately being a dying breed. I’d invite you to open up an audio dealership and see just how easy it is these days.

When I sold Audio in the 70's and early 80's, the margin on speakers was anywhere between 40 and 55%  The speakers that came in at 40% were usually the lower priced speakers that were brand names but built on a tight margin.  The more expensive speakers usually came with a higher margin.  This applied to speakers only.  Margins on electronics peaked at about 40%
Everybody got to make money after all dealers must put up with many tire kickers.
@ebm ,
Well put!

As a gardener, I have to put up with this kind of 'logic'- I don't see the value in your service, so why should I pay for it?

If you are so concerned about what a dealer is making, then just buy your equipment used.
B