Proteus compared to MSL ultra eminent ex

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to find some folks who have experience with both of these cartridges. I already have a Proteus, which I love. I have another, different, excellent cartridge with which I'm having some problems, and I am looking for a low internal impedance (<5 ohm) reasonable output cartridge (> .2-.3 mV) to replace it. As low noise as possible. I am just wondering whether the ultra eminent EX from my sonic labs would sound very similar to the Proteus that I already have. If so, I would probably consider getting something with a slightly different sonic signature. Thanks in advance for your opinions.
arsh
Hi Arsh,
Have yet to see a Colobri with less that 14ohm. Also its a leaner sounding cartridge to what you have. Also helps if you have a very flexible/configurable phono in terms of loading & gain. Not sure if you enjoy fine tuning catridge setup especially VTA and Azimuth as you will need to put in some hours. 
I believe these things to apply to all carts with varying degrees of importance.
I love the Colibri and have had a few, and it taught me a lot about setup. Just found it to be a great stepping stone cart at best, yes it does some things better that most carts I have heard. Just somehow wouldn't recommend it as the only cart to have mounted on the TT.
Dear @vusi_khumalo  : "  and it taught me a lot about setup. "

Yes, the Colibri ask for a little patience to been " there " but it's worth the effort because as you said it:

"  Just found it to be a great stepping stone cart at best, yes it does some things better that most carts I have heard. ""

When the Colibri return from vdH to its owner after those 300 hours of play  and vdHul already fine tunned its quality level performance is really great.

R.

Raul, the reason I'm looking for a very low impedance cartridge has to do with a noise issue. After I rearranged my equipment on a new, custom rack system that lowered the overall height of the components, my higher internal impedance (10-11 ohm) cart picks up some sort of high frequency noise that, while very faint and intermittent, bothers me. It didn't do so on the old rack with the turntable higher up and farther away from the other components (amp in particular). My Proteus, with 1 ohm internal impedance, remained dead silent--no noise, and still sounds awesome. I have done every troubleshooting maneuver and rearrangement short of raising the system back to its previous height. I want to keep the arrangement I have now. My options seem to be : 1) revert to old setup with higher rack between speakers; 2) move turntable and phono stage to side wall, requiring 4-5 m long interconnects and new power arrangement; 3) sell the higher internal impedance cart and buy another very low internal impedance cart like the Proteus that rejects noise better. 
Because I find slightly better imaging and soundstage with the lower height setup, and because I don't want to spend a ton on very long interconnects and installing another dedicated circuit to move the table and phono stage to the sidewall, I think I'd rather get a different cartridge to alternate with my Proteus when I want a change. I have other carts on other turntables, but this is my main system and I want a great cartridge for it.

Thanks!
Arsh
For what its worth I also found some magic lies with low impedance MCs, but I dont know why exactly. Your explanation above is appreciated. I actually mistook the magic to be brought by low output, which usually is found with low impedance carts. Have been using a Benz Ebony TRS (1ohm) for over a year with great results. It has added body and weight to my system, making many LPs in my collection enjoyable again. 
Thanks vusi. That's really helpful information. I appreciate it. I have not really looked at Benz, thought they were difficult to find?