Replacing driver screws with brass screws

There was some discussion about this on Millercarbon's thread about the Moab speakers, and I wanted to pursue the subject further without interfering with his thread.
As I stated there, I have heard about this practice for quite a few years, but never tried it because it seemed like one of those lunatic fringe ideas; and even though I actually really enjoy trying tweaks, and have found many of them effective, I just was not prepared for what this one did for the music coming out of my speakers. 
Specifically, it improved the detail in ambient trails, focus in general, complex harmonics in voices and stringed instruments, and instrumental separation. It is not subtle, and it is immediately noticeable.
So, I am curious to know how many of you out there have tried this, and what your experience has been.
Thanks, John  
128x128roxy54
“it improved the detail in ambient trails"
I usually just smoke another joint for the best ambient trails. Yea, I find it to be one of the best tweaks.
@cal91,

'I am a Harbeth owner and I don't see how I could do that with the screws securing my drivers.'

As an Harbeth owner perhaps it might help to be a little more familiar with the Harbeth website?

Alan Shaw stated that it's no big deal as long as you're sensible and use no more pressure than is required to meet resistance. 

Basically - Don't go mad!!

If you're really struggling I can try and dig up his exact words for you.

As for brass screws, let's not even go there!

How about simply trusting the manufacturers?

The people whose livelihoods depend upon their products.

The people who have spent a lot of time and resources building loudspeakers.

I might not like a lot of loudspeakers out there, but I'm not going to pretend for one moment that I, with my severely limited resources and knowledge, could do any better.

Seriously, if anyone is considering ruining their speakers in this way, it might be wise to contact the manufacturer first if they are of any value to you. 
cd318..Talk about don't go mad... I was a little confused, but I was actually defending you by telling other people to not attack and make fun of you, but instead give you a chance to explain yourself. Please re-read my post. You said Alan Shaw at Harbeth recommended finger tight. Now you say Shaw recommends no more pressure than is necessary to meet resistance, which makes perfect sense and sounds like we're now using a screwdriver. The problem was that I took you literally meaning using your fingers to tighten the screws. OK, stupid me. But you have to admit your choice of words could have been better.