Honest question about cartridge vs. turntable performance.

I’ve been a vinyl lover for a few years now and I have an ortofon black cartridge setup with an mmf 5.1 turntable with acrylic platter and speed controller. My question to all the vinyl audiophiles out there is this. How much difference does a turntable really make compared to the cartridge? Will I hear a significant difference if I upgraded my turntable and kept the same cartridge? Isn’t the cartridge 90%+ of the sound from a vinyl setup? Thank you guys in advance for an honest discussion on this topic. 
tubelvr1
How much difference does a turntable really make compared to the cartridge?

A lot.
Will I hear a significant difference if I upgraded my turntable and kept the same cartridge?

Yes.
Isn’t the cartridge 90%+ of the sound from a vinyl setup?

Yes. It is. The turntable is only 90%. Oh, and the phono stage. A good phono stage is 90%. At least. Tone arm, 90%. 

By my count that's 360%- which coincidentally is exactly how much better analog is than digital. 
If you want to use your cartridge on some other turntable:

The most important is cartridge + tonearm combination.

In my opinion you have to get rid of that entry level mmf 5.1 turntable but you can keep using your good Ortofon cartridge.

Look for $1700 brand new Technics SL1200GR turntable, find a shop to try it and you will understand why there is a huge difference between turntables, especially between cheap belt drive and coreless direct drive motors.

Technics tonearm is fine for your cartridge.

Well you have what $1000 tt $700 cart box $300...2000 .Which is pretty dam good set up.Go with  a MC cart.if you want a different sound .Try a different brand of cart.But.if you go by what you heard about spending division you have done it....
+1
chakster
The most important is cartridge + tonearm combination.

IMO The second most important is Phono preamp