Anyone using their Jolida JD 100 as a transport?

I'm looking to get a more detailed and dynamic sound out of my CDP. I'm thinking of hooking up an inexpensive DAC to my Jolida JD 100 CDP.

I have never used a DAC before, and could use advice on a decent DAC / digital cable combo for approx. $600-$800 (used).

My other option is to sell my JD 100 CDP and get a used Meridian 508.24 or Arcam CD23.

The rest of my system is as follows:
Speakers: Silverline Sonata II (due in two weeks)
AMP: BAT VK 200 (ss)
Pre: BAT VK 30 (tube)
I/C for source: Purist Venustas (in-transit)

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated.
128x128pdreher
All right. I've already sent an email to Andy asking for my spiff =).

I bet your going to like the sound with those in. If you dont, maybe try one more set of tubes and if it still doesnt work out, sell the whole setup and rest assured you gave it a thorough attempt.
Pdher, what integrated do you think you will find that can match your BAT combo? You have a seriously sweet match with those two. I was looking at a BAT VK-300 to replace my VK60 & my dealer told me not too. He said the 300 is VERY nice but not quite close to what I have. I would seriously think about what I was going to use in place of what you have before you sell. Good Luck.
Fish... I'm looking at the VAC Avatar SE or Avatar Super. My speakers are Silveline Sonata II's, and at 95dB effeciency, I don't need the BAT power... plus, I like the idea of simplifying my system and going with an integrated and fewer cables.
Pdreher, I wanted to check back in after a few weeks. How do your new speakers sound? I bet they sound good! Also, how did you like the Jolida with the RCA's? I hope our advice worked out for you.
Distortion - The new speakers (Silverline Sonata II's) are the real deal! I'm presently listening to classical via my Jolida modded 402 tuner, and it sounds better than my old speakers playing CD's. The Sonata II's at used prices ($2500 - 2800) are a very good value.

As you recommended, I purchased some 1960's vintage RCA NOS tubes ($120 from Andy @ Vintage Tube Services). These tubes are definitely a noticeable step up from the stock tubes I was running. However, I still have a hankering for a bit more detail and dynamics. My current plan is to stick with the Jolida for the next 6-8 months, then upgrade to the Ayre CX7e. I can't argue that the Jolida isn't a great value, but I think it does not live up to the standards of the rest of my system. I'm satisfied for now, but will eventually get the itch to upgrade next year, money permitting.