opinions on Rega RS1 speakers

Is anyone using these bookshelf speakers??

What do you think about them? how are they working out?

I would like to hear peoples thoughts on these, I heard a pair briefly at an Audio store in Seattle, They sounded pretty good, seemed to have nice detail and musical.

Anyone using them?

Please share your thoughts.
mcgarick
What about adding a quality tight sounding sub with them?
I'm doing that now to good effect in my room with large book shelf speakers...

Rega doesn't give any specs that I can see?

They seemed to go fairly low if I recall, but I'm not to sure how low, that little paper woofer is so unassuming. Potent little bugger.
depending on your room size, placement, etc., you might not need a sub (your call, of course)--i'd guesstimate they go down to the mid 50s or so, which isn't earthshaking, but what low end is there is very tight and musical. when i auditioned 'em (with a 50w ss naim amp), they sounded just fine as is and i didn't feel like i was missing the bottom end. in contrast, my polk lsi7s (a similarly priced, similarly performing competitor) definitely need the added punch from a sub. in any case, enjoy.
I've never heard them, but they got a very good review at TechRadar, which I believe is the online version of England's HiFi Choice magazine. If I recall correctly, they gave the Regas a five-out-of-five-star rating.

Mcgarick, as you may know, Rega isn't real big on giving specs for any of their products.
-Bob
They're great lil speakers...they rock! and yes, they are musical....but I don't know if I'd bother with a sub...if you want more bass, get a larger speaker...
I have the predecessor R1s in a second system. I swapped in the R1s as an interim stop-gap fix in my main system. They captivated me enough to sell off my Totem Forest and Totem Arros in my main system and I have now upgraded to Rega R9s.
My audiophile buddies generally concur that the Regas proved to be a quantum step up.

I am now looking for the Rega Rega R integrated amp and Rega DAC to marry up to the R1s as my second system kit.

IMO you will NOT be disappointed with the RS1s