Jazz vocalists which may not be as real as we think/imagine

Sure we could include all genres of vocalists,  but lets focus on jazz performers,,for instance , take Diana Krall. 
I have a  pile of cds that i do not listen to, old rock,,, 2 are my wife's she picked up as gifts, and never listened.
So I figured maybe I can use DK's as a  test reference recording.
Her 1999 and 2001, both seem to my ears her voice is somehow ~~tweeked~~ laid out with modern aids such as EQ's and such.
My Q is , can we really consider DK's voice to be The Real Deal,,, or a  perhaps a toch of  ~ The Fake if not perhaps, bordering on, fraud. 
I really can not use her cds in my testing of new tweeks, mods, , Her voice comes across wayyyy too warm = Colored = a nono for my ears. 
I am after pure cold frigid, icy clean mountain spring water. 
Anyway, justa  random thought,, what say ye? Have you noticed this quirk among other jazz performers such as Sophie Milman, which btw , i do use in  my YT vid uploads of testing reference on tweeks/mods/upgrades. 
Her voice is at least somewhat more~~ a  natural~, Just barely,,had her engineers gonea  tad too far in tweeking, I may have to  also disreagrd her cds. 
Sure you might object and claim all recordings post 1985, have these intrusions of tweeking /EQing the voice, as a  makeover. 
I don't know, maybe in the past 20 yrs things have gotten out of hand. 
So cast your vote, is DK's voice real deal,, or a  tad fake?
Can she perform unpluged as she does on high tech studio records?
mozartfan
Wow. Now we have not only "fake news", but "fake singers".My suggestion would be to listen to Diana Krall's "Live in Paris" and perhaps entertain the notion that you are completely out to lunch on this.
I think you misunderstand whazt i said in the OP, 
The whole isssues here is ~~modern studio engineers, did they get carried away with their gadgets,,a  bit too far from the original voice~~.
I spoke with my tech guy,on this Q, he says, alot of the voice mods really began in the early 80's. 
IOW all others before , voices were tweaked, slightly extended. 
DK's voice, though talented, can not hold up under *Unplugged sessions*. Here,you hear what i mean, Sure Patsy's voice has a  amplification, which only lends more vol, thrust to her voice range,, But does not mask any weaknesses.
= More organic, vs the modern engineered variety, = not all fake, but lets say, Not as real as we might think.
Lets not get carried away in modern times, by modern gadgets.
There was once a  Golden Age of Singing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZTk1hdpMs
@mozartfan - give it up.

Your post came across initially as an attack on DK. You havent done/said/written anything to defend your argument.

As several have pointed out, microphones, venue, electronics, the sound engineer influence what we hear. If you dont like diana krall, just say so. I personally cant stand the stones. They are far from original and sound like someone is striking a cat's paws with a hammer. And that is on a good day! 
Would i use them as reference material? No! I would use something/someone i am more intimately familiar with in that i listen to a recording/selection/performance over and over and... Jessica by The Allman Brothers comes to mind.
To make the sort of back handed attack as your OP does a disservice to all of us in here. You are better then that.
It sounds like you finally have a system where you can hear the effects added to vocals, Mozartfan. You’ll probably start to notice this a lot in recordings, since many artists work with recording engineers who like to add flavor and keep things interesting. If this isn’t your thing, I suggest sticking to classical recordings where this isn’t done. I’m not sure what you’re moaning about exactly, but you don’t sound like someone very into enjoying music with all your complaining about how everyone is doing it wrong. Tell us your secrets or shut up. 
It sounds like you finally have a system where you can hear the effects added to vocals, Mozartfan. You’ll start to notice this with a lot in recordings, since many artists work with recording engineers who like to add flavor and keep things interesting. If this isn’t your thing, I suggest sticking to classical recordings where this isn’t done. I’m not sure what you’re moaning about exactly, but you don’t sound like someone very into enjoying music with all your complaining about how everyone is doing it wrong. Tell us your secret to authentic sound quality or stop whining and admit you don’t know what’s best, you just don’t like what many others do.