Is a Linn Sondek LP12/Lingo/Ekos with a Cirkus update, the last turntable I’ll ever buy?

Opinions, experiences, cartridges and preamps used?
128x128coachpoconnor
Saburo-In the last few days I’ve watched several videos on the LP 12. It didn’t look that hard to me.

@saburo  Setting up an LP12 is probably no more difficult than a number of other high end tables. The issue is that, at least IME, a basic set up isn't really going to get you 100% of what the table can accomplish. Best to leave the set up to someone who has experience with this...and luckily there are still a number of very good 'fettler's' around.
OP, you spoke to one of the better 'fettler's' around in Thomas OK...did you not believe that his ability would add to the final result of how the table performs?

If I had only one turntable to buy and live with for the rest of my life it would be a new Technics. They are more speed stable than most 'high end' audio turntables and also really low colorations due to vibration. IMO/IME their biggest weaknesses are the rubber platter pad (easily replaced) and the arm (although compared to many high end audio arms the Technics arm is no slouch).
Ralph, you make an interesting point. If you could only have one turntable and had to live with it or the rest of your life, then buying one table that has nowhere to go as to upgradeability could be perceived as advantageous!
OTOH, if you wanted a platform on which to build as time goes by and to stay current with the best in analog ability, then the LP12 is far preferable to any Technics. IMHO.
I have a ridiculously simple old Linn Basik/Akito table with an Ortofon MC...no footfall issues (wood suspended floor...if I jump up and down next to it it's not happy...still), it sounds amazing, cost 500 bucks (used), and I've tried to replace it with something hipper and have thus far failed to do so. I should try harder I suppose as I could die any minute...