Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
I'm glad Mcintosh, and Moab didn't get brought up in the same time,
We're talkin' mushroom cloud.  I always have questions, this thread answered  them.  I like to put in my 22 cents worth, but I want to add 
it is my nature, LOOK at my name, it is what I am...

I see a great product, with greater potential. How many manufactures
would work to change options at that price.. WHY?, they (the other guy) are having them made "somewhere", else and sold through their companies, for the most part. Or they cost WHAT???

Made in America, don't forget that..., but they are made by Martians, imported from Mars, all have work permits. ;-) 

Having fun MC, good..

Jealousy ALWAYS brings unkind words.. But ignoring them work pretty good too.

Regards
tuberist-
It never ceases to amaze me how Tekton threads bring out the crazies. I hope Chuck continues to enjoy his new loudspeakers and has fun. I find it difficult to post original threads because of all the attacks that seem to occur very frequently and it’s becoming tedious. I like the forum for info I can obtain and use but I think I’m about done with this group. A lot of angry people here and I don’t need them.

Not only Tekton. The same group of bullies attack all over the place. There’s some threads that are little more than the same few people trading barbs back and forth all day long. Their leader racked up over 23k posts and now with him gone instead of reconsidering the wisdom of senseless alienating truculence they seem to have doubled down as if competing to be the next Captain Irrelevant.

It would all be good harmless fun except for the fact there are others like yourself who they are successful in bullying into silence. Rest assured that’s exactly what it is. Cowardly little bullies with lots of time and no intellect to think of anything better to do than play silly little word games.

In less than 3 years on this forum I have learned about HFT, ECT, PHT, DBA, PPT, TC, and am currently in the process of learning about a couple more new things. The sad part is virtually all the people I was able to learn from are completely or mostly off the forum specifically because of the reprehensible behavior of the same 18 bullies on my permanent ignore list. A lot of the best stuff is taking place off-line, simply because so many of the best people cannot stand the Hateful 18.

So that’s another one they got wrong- its them. They are the problem. Not us. Important we keep that straight.

Try get dpi it's a bunch of men in andropause yelling over bs and taking pics of naked women trying to prove they dont belong in a nursing home just like here and large format forum same exact thing ad nauseum any specialty forum unless its emotiva they sanitize that one
Hi Miller,
If you're talking about geoffkait, I was wondering where he was.