Is a Linn Sondek LP12/Lingo/Ekos with a Cirkus update, the last turntable I’ll ever buy?

Opinions, experiences, cartridges and preamps used?
128x128coachpoconnor
dvddesigner
thanks for the information, I will look into the upgrades. I don’t have possession of the table yet. My friend is selling his friends audio equipment for his widow. He doesn’t want to rush her. I’m in no hurry.
 Coach;

go listen to one ?
make a weekend out of it and.....

then you will know!

jeff
My objection to Linn (and $2400 IS a good price) is that it is an invitation to "audiophilia nervosa": constant upgrades available and hence "is mine good enuff?". I think of it as a kit. When you go to the supermarket you do not need 200 types of cereal.
@fstein  Perhaps think about upgradeability as a way to minimize audio nervosa..because one does NOT have to constantly trade or sell the table that is not upgradeable. You can stick with the same platform ( the LP12) and not have to fret about what it is that you are getting next! Easy,lol.
the perpetuation of the myth that LP12s are fussy to set-up is tiring and patently false. If you can change a bike tire or fix a leaky faucet you can work on and perfectly maintain your own LP12. By design, all upgrades are very easy to install in the field by anyone with an IQ barely above that a burger flipper or trash collector. If you’ve owned more than a few record players of moderate sophistication you’ll find the LP12 is among the very easiest to work on with world-class support from Linn.