Best System displayed on Audiogon

My vote goes to:

CuongPham

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1225733731

His new system is nice, but his older system is insane.

Nothing succeeds like excess...
acastos
Albert Porter's system has a lot of attributes on paper that would seem to qualify it uniquely.

1) use of reference quality reel to reel tape as a source
2) intense focus on vinyl playback quality
3) use of EM/field coil technology in the big bass drivers used in his new Focal Grand Utopia EM speakers

Those are three pretty good differentiators alone in play together there that on paper would seem to be able to push the boundaries for home audio that might not be technically possible otherwise.

Other systems built around very large full range higher efficiency speakers with similar source material would seem to be contenders as well in terms of both quality and quantity of sound possible.

Then the room itself comes into play. The nth degree of quantity possible in a home audio system may not matter as much in most peoples actual rooms, once good full range response at the higher practical listening volumes are achieved. FOr really big rooms, where quantity matters most, like auditoriums, concert halls, arenas, etc., professional gear gets the nod.

I often wonder just how much is needed to really get the most out of most peoples home listening rooms? No doubt it varies a lot case by case. The best sound possible is probably achieved more practically for most on a smaller scale in smaller rooms.
Yeah, well... Mr. CuongPham is just a lucky duck that I’m too modest to display my system :-)
Post removed