Are cables really worth their high price because of their geometry?

They’re some pricey cables that have claim to fame because of the high tech geometry used in their cables.
Many of these cables have patents on specific geometry patterns used in their cables and use this as a reason their cables sound so good. For that reason, many say the reason their cables cost so much is they’re so complex . The man hours to make a pr results in their high price. That maybe true for some cables, but I’ve seen very pricey cables using the same geometry reason that look like a thin piece of wire rapped in outer jacket no thicker than a pencil. So,Is all this geometry just another way to justify their cost or is it true science that we are paying in the end?
hiendmmoe
"The 4 figure wires appear to be a dime a dozen."
You mean $1000s a dozen?
OP shielding can really mess up the sound if your not careful.

I have a less is best type system.

PC, RCAs, XLRs and speaker IC, can ALL reduce RFI EFI  with a weave, so it doesn't throw a blanket on the SQ..

The quality of the material and different conductors, whole different ball game. The Composition!

You keep using the word "Geometry", size and shape, relative position of figures, and the properties of space...

Composition, the "what" of the WHOLE, (what it's made of).

Still, BAD cables, need to be good cables, crazy thing to say, but cables only go so far.. like 2-3% if they are good to begin with.  NEVER jaw dropping.. LOL, that one kills me..

No cost/ low cost solutions, get my attention...and have improved my system more than ANY cable.. BUT, I started 40 years ago, with large conductor, pure silver and pure copper, USAF surplus.

The improvements over the years have been VERY minim, because of that alone...Like ZERO, other than network (HARP Box) an added wire or type of wire, armor....maybe some of the tuning terminal ends. Not much of that either.. I've had 3-25,000 cable over here. ALL were red faced. One cable made MY 300s shake rattle and roll..Oscillation big time...MITs

I was at a house with JBL Everest speakers, everything was wonderful.
Speaker IC was off the real, as per installer...10 gauge copper, in the wall, with short tuning patch cords, from the wall to the speaker..

GREAT speakers.....good cable... SQ... oh yea....

Regards
@thyname - many thanks for your comments. It has been  while since I used Kimber Cables and my comments reflected the TOTL cable I used several years ago

Their Naked series (IC's) are a departure from their long time braiding approach and will definitely provide a significant improvement in sound quality over their more affordable braided cables.

It appears to be very similar in geometry to the DIY cables that VH Audio posts on their web site. So if you are adventurous and can solder, you could try that geometry before splashing out $$$ for the real thing. 

Regards - Steve
Steve ----- I cannot afford the Naked series cable from Kimber. No matter what. Select copper or hybrid is as far as I can go. I cannot solder either, so I cannot make my own cables. Thanks for chiming in
@hiendmmoe
I’ve always wondered why geometry in speaker cables is so important if they sound better un-shielded. Isn’t the geometry suppose to suppress interference from RFI? Wouldn’t shielding do the same thing?
The basic geometry in cables and the basic twist (double helix) is not broken and really doesn’t need to be messed with, it is used everywhere in professional environments. The many complex geometries and materials introduced by high-end cable manufacturers are used to alter the sound and to set that company apart from everyone else in the cable game. It also helps marketing a lot when you have something different to sell, everyone can’t be selling the same basic twisted pair design. If I remember correctly, adding shielding (outer copper braid) to the length of a speaker cable increases capacitance significantly which is why it's not done.