Goldmund, not much inside, but ultra expensive.

Is judging Goldmund products on what’s inside them fair? If it’s, then what are you paying for? There’s nothing but space inside most of their equipment. Not only is there nothing inside them they’re ridiculously expensive. Look inside their Nextgen 590 intergraded amp $29000. There’s nothing inside.
To be fair, I must say I’ve never heard their equipment, so maybe it’s worth what they charge, but judging it from its inside It looks like it isn’t.
hiendmmoe
Yes research & developmental are cost factors, but their prices are ultra expensive, not mere expensive. This research & development cost must translate into cutting edge sound given the price that one must pay to play: does it?

A lot of folks believe that the ideal amp is going to be sounding like a straight wire with gain. The fact that the Goldmund amps don't have a lot of parts inside them doesn't necessarily mean that they don't sound great. OTOH, we can look at some of the old 70's era solid state gear, particularly receivers from that era ( and some from today as well) and they are chocker block full of parts...and yet they sound poor! (admittedly they are not priced, nor were they priced, like this Swiss gear). Nonetheless, can we equate numerous interior parts to either better sound quality or value??
I've been happy using my 590 NextGen for two years now. High quality and simplicity of use for a super-integrated; the target audience isn't into tweaking or OCD fascinations.

The sound is quite resolving but not clinical (as I find the CH Precision to be). There is a warmth, perhaps from a slight boost in the lower mid, that makes listening a pleasure. A bit like hiking in the Cascades on a sunny day -- clear, refreshing and you can see for miles.

The internal DAC is in the $5-10K quality range. Because it is voiced to the amplifier I prefer using it to my MSB IV stack.

As one would expect, the 590 is appreciative of clean power and good cabling. :-)

Robert
BMW 335i turbos DO NOT blow frequently...my local (independent) BMW mechanic has one.
https://youtu.be/tjF2O9lbddg
^founder of Goldmund.

I think with Goldmund what you are in large part paying for is a level of R&D that few others can approach.