New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61
riaa_award_collectors_on_facebook
So do you actually disagree with the point that bigger and more expensive doesn't mean "better?"

Like celo, I've heard $100,000 speakers that I would never take over my Joseph Perspectives (or my Thiel 2.7s).   Surely you can agree with that main point?

And if you can dial down the confrontational attitude a bit...

You own the Pearls?  How do you like them?

And I would be interested in knowing that long list of speakers you own.

I was merely pointing out the Pearl vs Perspectives in my initial post...2 Speakers. Celo took it down an entirely different road which wasnt my intention nor do I understand WHERE it came from.

Im from New Jersey/New York area. We all have attitudes...see POTUS.
I dont use my Pearl’s. They need more room to breathe than I can offer at this time. Will probably cash them in or trade in the near future.

Ok, thanks.  What are your other speakers?  Sounds like you have quite a collection.
(I had 7 pairs of speakers not long ago, but I've been cutting down).
I have found that the expensive speakers are, at times, a little too honest and revealing of what you are feeding them... including the quality and mastering of the recording/source.  So if your media isnt top notch the expense is wasted and actually detracts from the overall enjoyment and perception.

So yes, less expensive speakers can “sound” considerably better than their more expensive counterparts.

Anyone who cant agree with that is fooling themselves and doesnt understand as much, or has experienced as much, as they think they do.
Has anyone compared the prospective 2 and the pearl 20.20 with an audition?   I heard the former at CAF and fell in love.   They might be the only speaker that can pry my Thiel 3.6 and cs6 out of my system.

i have a large room and although the prospectives blew me away they were in a very small room.  Wondering what the step up factor would be with the Pearls.
@pops I've heard both but in a different room, different systems, different times. Not very meaningful impression. But, Pearl 20.20 being driven my top of the line Doshi and reel-to-reel SOTA front end sounded better than Perspective 2. The later was being driven by much more modest system. But the difference was less than you'd expect.

Jim Smith (author of Get Better Sound), recently sold off his mega buck Tannoy system and replaced it with the Perspective 2s. You can see his room here: https://www.audioshark.org/audioshark-members-systems-101/my-roomplay-reference-sound-room-18528.html.

The room looks really big. I don't think Perspectives will have any problem filling a large space. It comes with a foam liner in the port that you can remove to extend bass frequency and impact. I think in a medium room Perspective 2 would have an advantage over Pearl and may actually sound little better.